Check my tune!

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

skidder

Check my tune!

Post by skidder »

Hi guys,

Not posted on the forum yet. Usual bit about me!! From UK. Love cars. Love Road wars (a TV program for those oversea's members! :wink: ) work at Ford, in product development centre on...diesel engines :|

Ive been researching on this forum and others for quite some time now. This forum is really good and has helped me out loads.

Finally got the s14 back on the road and got nistune installed and up and running.

Only thing left to sort out is my wideband logging. Like a mupet i brought an aem wideband which seems harder to get working than an innovate device! :cry:

Anyway the spec of my car (engine anyhow) is:

1995 s14 SR20DET
gt2860
1.0 bar actuator
FMIC
3" elbow downpipe and zorst!
nismo 555's
z32 MAF
Pigeon mod (only until i get my hands on a re-circ)

Nistune type 3.
AEM wideband
AVCR (1.1kgcm2)

Pete has also been really helpful and provided me with a lot of help.

So here is my current tune. Please take a look and see what you think. I walk across the map really nicely. Getting to the second from last column on full load holding 11.0-11.2 on full boost. (plan to lean this out to 11.2-11.5)

The car drives really well and the power delivery is really good.

My ignition map is pretty much stock. Any advice on a slightly more aggressive ignition map without being dangerous? I can't help thinking it would pick up a bit quicker in the boost transition with some more timing. However i guess its a trade of between peak cylinder pressure and egt's / energy being chucked at turbo.

Any tips and advice welcome..

Thanks

Phil.
Attachments
PB_34052012_S14 Z32 550 .bin
(64 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
skidder

Re: Check my tune!

Post by skidder »

Hi all,

I can see some people have downloaded the bin file. Any comments?

The Scaling and k constant came with the bin file that Pete sent to me.

However i notice if i change injectors and then maf on the base tune using the automatic re-scale methods i get a totally different scale and a a k constant of 38k?

I'm going to mess around a bit more once ive got my wide-band fully logging in nistune. I'm also looking to data log a map sensor so i can overlay boost.

Anyone had any experiences with this? Was looking to purchase one of these 8 channel data acquisition devices.
http://www.digikey.co.uk/scripts/DKSear ... 3912781111