low power at 80 deg

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

chris2712au

Re: low power at 80 deg

Post by chris2712au »

finally got the nistune in the car and logged and looking at the tune in the log and comparing it on the map it seems to go to 19deg timing although the maps are telling it to to be in the high 28- 30 degrees..

the interesting is that all the flags for knock sensing are turned off...

I have wired an indicator to the boost control output and only put values in the knock boost maps so I can see when the ECU is accessing the knock maps.. as I am running a blitz ID3..

I pulled one degree out of the hot spot.. and will go again tomorrow.. there is no audible ping.. so maybe it is the knock sensor ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Could always try stubbing out the knock sensor with 470K ohm resistor against ground to double check
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

went for a drive work tonight the feedback flag is on but the knock flags in the maps disabled.. the car drives a little better by pulling the degree out but it is cold outside so the temps would be favorable it seems to still be coming off in the light cruise between 2 and 3k during gear change.. will get another log file to see if i can track it down further..
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

slowly tracing down the points of knock.. basically they are only noticeable on very hot days.. and when it pulls timing it really pulls timing.. the odd thing is that the map trace does not seem to match the maps.. ?

I have heard of earlier versions having this issue or am i missing something ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

When knock is being pulled out or using idle timing etc then it may not match the maps in those cases
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

looking @3625rpm... engine temp 78 degrees.. under acceleration.. timing 23 degrees

map trace 29 / 27
30 / 29

27 is in dark grey.. knock maps are the same as normal maps.. any ideas ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

ECU will pull timing in addition to maps when knocking
chris2712au

Post by chris2712au »

just interesting that it is disabled in the feedback switches and all the flags are turned off and it is still doing it to me.. maybe the only thing left is the resistor ?
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

chris2712au wrote:just interesting that it is disabled in the feedback switches and all the flags are turned off and it is still doing it to me.. maybe the only thing left is the resistor ?

yer my sr was pulling timing with flags and switches off so i put in resistor and it was sweet az even with all flags on,
my 2 cents enyway
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Even with knock feedback (used for knock maps) switches off it will still pull timing out on knocking being detected