TPS logging incorrect?

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

lynchfourtwenty

TPS logging incorrect?

Post by lynchfourtwenty »

OK, so lately I've noticed when logging with nistune my TPS isn't logging right or something.

So when I'm at WOT its showing me like %60.00 throttle, and I think its only showing like 3.xx volts, now when I go to set the TPS it's damn near perfect (.42 closed and 4.20 fully open) this is using the gauges in nistune with the ignition on but engine off. My DVM took a crap on me so I don't have anything to test the voltage at the plug. I know for certain my throttle cables properly adjusted and there are no obstructions under my pedal.

I think this all started about 2 nistune updates ago, I didn't pay much attention to it at first but now that I'm preparing to tune for my turbo its something I want to get figured out. I haven't made any changes to the engine or sensors or wiring or anything since I initially tuned my car, and at that point it would record the TPS perfectly, in fact the only reason I think it started 2 nistune updates ago is because every now an then I plug the ecu into the car an take a drive to make sure everything's still where I left it, an one of them times I was forced to update, since then there was another update an I was hoping it would have fixed this issue.

so what do ya guys think? software bug? faulty TPS?

Ohhhh one thing I noticed when this started is how nistunes data logger records the TPS, I think it use to only have one option that just showed volts, now there's an option that shows it in %.. now maybe I'm tripping but I'm pretty sure that's when the issue started.
lynchfourtwenty

Re: TPS logging incorrect?

maybe i put this in the wrong section?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

what vehicle/ecu part#

I can check on the bench against a volt meter. Translation is pretty standard however and I checked a Z32 ECU last night for something unrelated and TPS matched the gauge
lynchfourtwenty

not sure off hand on the ecu part # but its a 91-92 b13 ecu with a type 3 board
lynchfourtwenty

i was able to get a pic of what im talking about.. as you can see, the throttle position shows the right voltage, but the TPS which is like the same thing does not.. and whats weird is sometimes the drop down list of things to choose from shows different things, sometimes stuff is missing that would normally be there, throttle position bein one of them.. this time i was able to see both so i grabbed a print screen.
Attachments
tpswrong.JPG
(137.91 KiB) Downloaded 3046 times
lynchfourtwenty

i should have posted this in the software bugs section shouldn't i? hehe
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

This TPS % is actually from your wideband unit (you are using a Zeitronix here?)

If you think Nistune has a problem reporting it please compare against the original Zeitronix logging software. I've checked all inputs here (later versions) and they match what Zeitronix reports

Nissan consult does not actually report a TPS % only an amount of volts. Consult 2 on later ECUs does have a % but it wont be available on this particular ECU anyway
lynchfourtwenty

so that % value that shows up in the nistune logger is from my wideband?? thats awful strange since i dont have anything wired into my wideband, i just use it as a wideband..
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Its probably just adjusting from a floating input