[TESTING] Type1: wrong TP and TP Index since last months

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

_KeRNeL_

[TESTING] Type1: wrong TP and TP Index since last months

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Hi all :) , I tell you my story...

(a) Problem description
I have been experiencing a little issue since last months:

At first, with stock maf and stock maps, the TP load (and its index) raised up to 90 more or less (top of the scale was 83)

After installing the N60 MAF and some performance parts my TP load figures raised up to 115, so I resized the top of my load scales to 110 and it reported perfectly the change with older nistune versions. (K constant was also adjusted from 183 to 288)

From some months on, (I assume it is since I installed the last Nistune versions), I noticed that the TP load report from the ecu won't go over 88TP, although the car really does. I know it because if I resize the load scales to 88 TP, the car runs really bad (it reaches the top right part of the map when it hasn't even raised half the boost). If I resize them again to 110 it pulls hard, but in both cases Nistune consult gauges and log won't report more than 88. (I attach my tune and my last log file)

As you can see, MAF voltage keeps raising but TP doesn't after certain point.

(b) Exact error message (if any)
None

(c) Vehicle type (and what Address file you used)
EDM S13 CA18DET with 44F07 ECU (I guess there is only one address file for this setup)
Sandard injectors and N60 MAF.
Several other mechanical mods like exhaust, admission, boost controller, etc.

(d) Equipment used (emulator, wideband unit, Type1-4 etc)
Nistune Type1 and AEM Wideband

(e) Steps required to reproduce the problem (if possible)
Just run the car with consult connected and either display the gauges or record a log.

(f) Debug logs
* Enable File-Configuration-Debug Logging
* Logs are stored in C:\Program Files\NIStune\logs
* Log files are datestamped and end with .log
* Log files get very big very quickly
* Only do what is required to show the problem. ie. If it is a wideband problem then dont enable consult
* Turn off debug logging when you have finished!

Haven't done it yet but I can take logs if needed.

Thank you!!!!!!! ;)
Attachments
S13_CA18DET_KeRNeL_v1.60.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
S13_CA18DET_KeRNeL_v1.51_2011-10-18_2221_08.csv
(191.46 KiB) Downloaded 186 times
Last edited by _KeRNeL_ on Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
_KeRNeL_

Re: Type1: wrong TP and TP Index since last Nistune versions

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

hmmmmmm I just noticed that log's name refers to an older version of my tune, although it was taken couple of weeks ago and my actual one has been uploaded to the ECU months ago.

I also made sure I had the right .bin loaded in Nistune.

The strange thing is that I'd swear it also reports the TP wrong in real time, not only in the logs

I think I may try to uninstall everything and install it again..... :roll:
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I've noticed something similar a few weeks back, but I'm yet to try the latest version...
I'll keep watching this thread for updates regarding this.
but yeah, the max TP it gets, IIRC, is 88... like yours... weird...
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

yeeeeeeeep that's weird....

I tried the uninstalling-installing thing... same result. in fact the name in the log has no effect, as if you open it you will find the correct .bin name that was used when the log was taken in the first line of the log.

wating for some input from Matt's side :)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Will look at it today and try to repeat
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Hi Matt,

were you able to find out any reason for this strange issue?

thank you!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

apologies for the delay it took some time to work this one out
I noticed that the TP load report from the ecu won't go over 88TP, although the car really does. I know it because if I resize the load scales to 88 TP, the car runs really bad (it reaches the top right part of the map when it hasn't even raised half the boost). If I resize them again to 110 it pulls hard, but in both cases Nistune consult gauges and log won't report more than 88. (I attach my tune and my last log file)
okay its not a bug!!

The TP=88 I was able to repeat on the bench after the J30 VG30DE MAF resize. Normally you wouldnt see this if you were also doing an injector resize with the TTPmax tickboxes enabled because it would bump up the ttp max

What you are seeing with the injector time is it getting maxed out against the TTPmax table. It wont allow TP to go any higher (even with older 0.9 Nistune versions)

So its time to increase your Max TPulsewidth higher than where it currently is. Thats what I did here and got it all working fine. Its pegging out and leaning the car out which is why its running like shit!
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

WTF :shock: hahahah that explains lots of things like I wasn't able to control my AF ratio above certain rpm's..... it overfueled like crazy and then gone lean in other ranges

I remember I updated my TTPmax and TPulseWidth values in older tunes but I thought it had no impact so when I started over new taking an existing stage1 map as a base and just fine tuning it to my car's specs I left these values untouched... some months ago...

Thanks Matt, I'm sorry I didn't figure this one out before bothering you :oops: THANK YOU!!

I'm gonna give it a try this afternoon and let you know.... I supose this time I will finally have some fun :D
TM_S13

Re: [TESTING] Type1: wrong TP and TP Index since last months

Post by TM_S13 »

hum... going to try that too as soon as I can :wink: