Improper temperature feedback

Discuss software bugs and related problems here.

Moderator: Matt

CoL

Improper temperature feedback

Post by CoL »

Today was the first time using the latest version of nistune with my KA24det. As the engine came up to temp, the temperature readings on my consult display creeped upto 80 degree C, while my autometer temp sensor was telling me 125 degree F. (80 D.C.=176 D.F.)
Is nistune displaying the coolent temp? My aftermarket sensor is measuring coolent temp.
when i touch the motor with my hand, it doesnt feel like 80 degrees C.
thanks 4 your help!
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Improper temperature feedback

Post by Matt »

Nistune is reporting what the engine temp sensor is telling it. If the sensor itself is giving wrong resistance then that would be reported on the display

Check the resistance of your temp sensor when cold and when warmed up and check against the factory service manual to check its in tolerance.

No coolant display bugs AFAIK
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

It may be worth looking to see if a small resistor hasn't been added to the coolant temp wiring loom.

Almost every second or third car I come across has had this little mod done to the sensor loom to add fuel enrichment. (ecu thinks engine is cold still, consequently adding fuel enrichment, idle speed and timing.)

if this is the case, the ignition timing and idle seed will need to be checked or adjusted back within spec.
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Temperature display will also be highly dependant on where your aftermarket gauge probe is.