Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by Matt »

Nothing was changed in the Innovate code, just I dont include the MTS.DLL in the install package any more (and remove the older MTS.DLL from Nistune folder) plus do the re-registration inside the LogWorks3 folder

We are not meant to redistribute the DLL only the OCX file
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
The 3-part debug log I uploaded crashed causing LC-1 to disconnect and require a power cycle of LC-1 and the usb-serial adapter to be removed from laptop and reconnected for it to be recognized again.

I hope its related.

On another note,
regarding 0.10.8
has the HCR32 RB20DET 11U00 narrowband lean/rich voltages changed from 230-610 to 460-1220?

seemed a little high
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I've seen similar issues with the LC-1 and sometimes it seems difficult to reinitialise. If you have to pull out the USB-serial adaptor it means that MTS (Innovate) did not release the handle to the COM port because of the crash

Once the crash problem has been found and fixed then this will avoid that part. As for reconnecting the LC-1 you shouldnt need to do this but I found even with LogWorks it couldnt reestablish connection until everything was unplugged and replugged. That is annoying (even noticed on LM-2)

Seems my latest fixes have unhidden a problem with originally using the wrong O2 multiplier. The multiplier for O2 is coded at 20mV per unit so 23 [0x17] x 20 = 460mv. I have to change this now to 10mV and scaling now 0 .. 2560mV for this to work as before. Done that tonight update soon. Also noted issues with logging recording blank columns for wideband so investigating
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Confirmed logging not recording wideband in 0.10.8 so fixing that up today. Last minute change to the logger broke that functionality :?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune 0.10.9 Release
Fixed some log columns were not recording data (empty)
Knock counter wideband input tracing fixed
Adjusted units for rich/lean O2 feedback to 10ms
Going to look at Innovate crash on disconnect issues on Friday/Saturday since should have free time then for investigating that
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

0.10.9, i went for a 10km drive 2day and loged it , lc1, plms cable, all good so far from what can i see
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I tested today on this release in the R31 (Type 1) and recording looks good (will keep recording on unintentional disconnect but will stop logging when both items are manually user disconnected)
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Matt wrote:Nistune 0.10.9 Release
Fixed some log columns were not recording data (empty)
Knock counter wideband input tracing fixed
Adjusted units for rich/lean O2 feedback to 10ms
Going to look at Innovate crash on disconnect issues on Friday/Saturday since should have free time then for investigating that
Matt, this latest debugg.log is an VLT type1, XP SP3, LC-1 connected via Belkin serial-usb convertor F5U257 device.
hear a BEEP then WB display goes black.
I haven't seen this issue with the LM-2 w/obdII usb device as yet but its not as frequently used either.
Attachments
beep-wb-goesblank-0728-1128.zip
(847.3 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
installed 0.10.9 over the top of 0.10.6
loaded a VLT modified address file and and old Binary for seeing an old log.

closing log player is repeatedly causing nistune to crash. MFC application error in MS -Windows 7.

sequence;
open nistune 0.10.9
open address file.
open binary.
open log player.
browse to log file.
play file.
stop file.
close log player.
app crash.

tried twice, same result.
note: originally loaded a different address and bin from a type 2 hcr32 and loaded the vlt log file when it first crashed.
though it may have been related to the wrong bin and address files being used during playback.
used correct ones but still crashing.
Attachments
crash-after-closing logplayer-w7.jpg
(206.86 KiB) Downloaded 3284 times
crash-after-closing logplayer.jpg
(90.3 KiB) Downloaded 3284 times
nistune-0728-1808.log
(48.13 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

hear a BEEP then WB display goes black.
Beep occurs when Nistune has received notification from MTS that Innovate unit it was connected to has disconnected. It is also at this point in time that a windows class gets trashed (causing the crash)

This can be seen below where the connection error occurred in the same time frame as receiving a sample of data:
01:57:11.765 OnNewDataMTS(1)
01:57:11.765 Current input: 0
01:57:11.765 Func: 0
01:57:11.765 Sample: 446
01:57:11.765 AFR Multiplier: 14.700000
01:57:11.765 CMTSMain::OnConnectionErrorMts 0

In regards to the log crash, I repeated the steps quite a few times on Win 7. Only been able to manage a single crash so far after multiple attempts. Whilst this is somewhat good that I've seen it here, I cannot reliably reproduce the issue to debug further. Could you please email me your log file that you are using to playback? It may help with my investigation

*edit*
Been able to locate cause of problem and thinking of a solution. Seems to be intermittent. Trying to close window whilst updating maps etc times out 2 seconds and then does the crash
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

here you go; attached are the various combinations of files that it crashed with this morning.

the crash happens after playing a log file for just 3 seconds.
stopping the log player.
then closing the log player.
after no interaction thereafter, within the next 10 seconds nistune crashes.
Attachments
crash-set.zip
(28.41 KiB) Downloaded 171 times
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I found Win7 mentioning this in the logs from a month ago..
not sure if its related, I hardly ever connect a nis-board to this PC as its only used for log review.

I have installed the plms drivers (via tick box when installing nis) with the latest lot of nistune updates though. (probably shouldn't though)
Attachments
old-eventlogfromWin7.jpg
(130.74 KiB) Downloaded 3256 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Got enough info to fix, just need to work out how im going to do it. Maybe waiting a few seconds after stop in the interim. Playback thread still running when log stopped
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune 0.10.10 Release

- Fix for the log player crash on close (other operations holding up log player cause a timeout then crashes)
- Report invalid log recording directory (causing idle mode on log player)
- Detect if directories contain invalid Program Files location and update registry to use new Documents location (affects log files, address files)
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

Hi Matt, when I update to the 10.9 version I had to re-install logworks and now the same with the 10.10 version.
If I didn't do that the wideband wouldn't work.

Now... in terms of the log player... with this version the AFR is again not appearing... I can choose it but it doesn't to the graph... it only shows the value...
but with older logs it drwas the graph on the player just fine...