DLP A/D converter

Anything related to the DLP Devices IO-8 A/D converter

Moderator: Matt

vn_luke

DLP A/D converter

Post by vn_luke »

I'm running a DLP a/d converter and an innovate LC-1 wideband.

I figure I should be able to plug a programmed 0-5v LC-1 output into the 1st channel of the DLP unit, and then select the 'DLP A/D converter" as my "1st" wideband sensor.

I figure I should then be able to modify the lookup table for AFR1 and enter the correct values.....

and then I should get a afr reading in the AFR reading field in Nistune, along with my 6 aux inputs (chan's 2-6 on the DLP unit) ?

Unfortunately it seems that when I do this, my wideband reading is not correct - but when I use the LC-1 directly, it seems to work fine?

Is it possible to use both at once? (and what happens with the lookup tables etc?) - the software seemed to crash every time I tried to get them both going at the same time.

I'm also getting weird voltages on all the other channels of the DLP unit...

is it possible it's not wired right?

my connections to the DLP unit are like so:

+5v = MAP sensor 5v pin
Earth = Map sensor Earth pin and car chassis (the LC-1 is also earthed to the same location)
chan 1 = Lc1 analog output 0-5v programmed accordingly (with AFR1 lookup configured accordingly too)
chan 4 = MAP sensor signal

Am I having an earth issue or something along those lines? or something software related?
vn_luke

Post by vn_luke »

all fixed - wideband output was configured incorrectly

WOOO it's SO fast - asolutely AWESOME!

now just need a 3 bar map sensor to suit the boost level :p
sssbassil

Re: DLP A/D converter

Post by sssbassil »

can u run a lc1 in the serial port and run a dlp in the usb port with boost and egt at the same time with out putting the lc1 thru the dlp?

i wood like 2 keep my lc1 going thru the serial port and keep it separte from dlp, and keep the dlp running separte as well,
Matt
Site Admin

Re: DLP A/D converter

Post by Matt »

Yes run the LC-1 as Wideband 2 (configure as Innovate MTS) and feed DLP in as Wideband 1. I've been using this setup during my testing and also using this to compare the output AFR against the serial AFR