Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

TM_S13

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by TM_S13 »

Matt wrote:
on the log viewer, it only displays value and does not draw any graph.
Should be fixed in 0.10.3 by
- Log player fixes for units display and graphing scaling

As for the other part can you please post your log for inspection here? If some of the values at the bottom of the sensor list are missing then it may be getting out of wack with consult log headers
This happens on this new latest version, 0.10.3.
Type 1 Board, S13 CA18DET.
The log file is attached.
thanks
Attachments
NIStune_2011-02-24_1137_09.csv
(703.85 KiB) Downloaded 226 times
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

I use 300zx Z32 type 2 for ages.
I always use 2 Prolific cables at the same time. I don't really use enough Logworks3 to be able to say it produces bluescreen too on disconnection.

Something strange this morning:
_ I tried to use your re-release 0.9.14.22 (and not 0.9.13.22 as you stated).
_unhandled exception for each Innovate connection attempt. Quit Nistune, unplug, replug cables, restart Nistune, 3 attempts, unhandled exception each time.
_ I just swapped the directories names to switch back (no reboot, no cables unplug) to the original 0.9.14.22 release, Innovate connection successful on first attempt.

Did you rebuild your re-release 0.9.14.22 ? It seems you did as the installer mentions 0.9.13.22 upon installation phase.

The original 0.9.14.22 works like a charm for me, 0.10.x series are worse than ever.

I attach a log file of the messy log recorder of the 0.10.3
_RPM always 0
_column names missing sometimes

Btw, does disabling hard disk cache on write help to retrieve the log file whatever the way the logging is stopped (one press only on stop button, spurious disconnection, crash ...) ? Otherwise you should bufferize in a temp file to be bale to retrieve logged data in all cases, loosing a log file during a session is painful.

NIStune_2011-05-30_1921_50.csv
(27.57 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
NIStune_2011-05-30_2204_49.csv
(4.1 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
maglito

Post by maglito »

I tried to do a consult download and ran into an issue.

When the download was complete, Nistune asked me if I wanted to save. I click "Yes" and then try to input a file name, and before I could finish typing it would throw up another message box asking me if I wanted to save again. Did this over and over again until I disconnected the consult. I probably closed 40 instances of the "do you want to save" message box afterwards.
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

RomChip200 wrote:I use 300zx Z32 type 2 for ages.
I always use 2 Prolific cables at the same time. I don't really use enough Logworks3 to be able to say it produces bluescreen too on disconnection.

Something strange this morning:
_ I tried to use your re-release 0.9.14.22 (and not 0.9.13.22 as you stated).
_unhandled exception for each Innovate connection attempt. Quit Nistune, unplug, replug cables, restart Nistune, 3 attempts, unhandled exception each time.
_ I just swapped the directories names to switch back (no reboot, no cables unplug) to the original 0.9.14.22 release, Innovate connection successful on first attempt.

Did you rebuild your re-release 0.9.14.22 ? It seems you did as the installer mentions 0.9.13.22 upon installation phase.
i noticed the mix up with the names too. 9. 13.22 downloaded and installed, but in nistune software it states 9.14.22.
i have had a few issues with connecting with the 10. version, so i had to uninstall all nistune files and re loaded the 9.13/14.22 so far so good on 2 cars tonight.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

yes it had to be rebuilt from backup code. let me check the version numbers tomorrow night. Help About is the current version of that build
The original 0.9.14.22 works like a charm for me, 0.10.x series are worse than ever.
0.10 series underwent a massive background rewrite but I'm spending all my time at the moment fixing the remaining issues

Current issue list with 0.10.3
- Repetitive message box with request for save
- Log recorder missing parameters, RPM always 0 (Z32 and S13 CA18)
- Battery voltage missing on consult display (S13 CA18)
- Consult view display not showing data on connection
- Low AFM trigger voltage (sorry this is low priority to the others at the moment)

Logging always records to a file as it goes. It only gets deleted (normally) when the user says 'yes' at the end of logging. Logging is not buffered in memory during recording (loss of data as you say)

Romchip2000 - so prolific now works fine with COM port detection in the software with 0.10.3 version?
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

>>> Log recorder missing parameters, RPM always 0 (Z32 and S13 CA18)
uncheck the tick and recheck again, the RPM will show normal.

0.10.3 with CA18 Type 1 board
When playback a CSV log file, the map trace did not show correctly,
When normal playback, it only highlight the lowest TP column.
If replay by manually click the single frame button, it can highlight the correct point.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote: Romchip2000 - so prolific now works fine with COM port detection in the software with 0.10.3 version?
I would say yes, most of the time, but only with 2.0.0.26 Prolific driver version.
I don't consider anymore 2.0.2.21 or 2.0.0.18. ATEN USB 2.0.4.XXX cannot be used for chinese Prolific PL2303x ...
Even with 2.0.0.26. Sometimes connection to Innovate fails or takes longer time than usual. In this case, quit Nistune, unplug replug and restart.

You should add this on top of 0.10.3 bug list:
_in Consult data display panel, interpreted values are wrongly displayed (no spacing). Have a try.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

louiswun wrote:>>> Log recorder missing parameters, RPM always 0 (Z32 and S13 CA18)
uncheck the tick and recheck again, the RPM will show normal.
Do you mean tick in the "Select ECU consult registers" panel ?
Because in my case, I ticked RPM, RPM ref, untick, re-tick, RPM is always 0 .... (I use Z32 type 2)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Problem with the log player is that by default no registers are selected

RPM is displayed (incorrectly) as default. I should be displaying <none> instead of the first item in the list (usually RPM) to make this obvious

In the background nothing is selected, and RPM needs to be reselected to show RPM in the logOnce you select RPM then all works okay
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Consult data display panel, interpreted values are wrongly displayed (no spacing). Have a try.
I havent seen this yet but will have a look tonight
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

Really appreciate your help through the issue's and the time you are putting in to resolve them.
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

DVS JEZ wrote:Really appreciate your help through the issue's and the time you are putting in to resolve them.
Euh, I'm a bit circumspect here. Usually, I admit some problems may pop up in software (I'm micro-electronic engineer with 20 years background). There's a so big gap in term of stability b/w 0.9.14.22 and 0.10.x serieS that I have a bitter taste in the mouth.
Such major realease (deep software rewrite mentioned) should be released with more care, deep non regression testing in all cases with the majority of devices available. I personnally spent some time trying to have 0.10.x working, hopefully I enjoy and UNDERSTAND what I'm doing.
Even the re-released 0.9.14.22 doesn't work in my case (endless unhandled exceptions trying to connect to Innovate).

Maybe I'm a particular user:
_2 Prolific cheap chinese cables (that worked really fine up to original 0.9.14.22)
_2 Innovate LC1s daisy-chained with XD16 gauges too (that worked really fine up to original 0.9.14.22)
_Möstrich eprom emulator

Well, I will provide a screenshot tonight of the messy "COnsult data display" panel.
I ticked, un-ticked RPM, re-ticked (b/c I tried RPM ref too) with no luck ..... always 0 in all places (Consult data display, log panel , log file ..... no logging neither). It worked fine before without any special care.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Did you rebuild your re-release 0.9.14.22 ? It seems you did as the installer mentions 0.9.13.22 upon installation phase
Installer had the wrong version number. That has been updated. I pulled the code from my backups and rebuilt it. There were no additional modifications to the code. What differences are you noticing? Innovate blue screen problem?
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Matt wrote:What differences are you noticing? Innovate blue screen problem?
I told you, Unhandled exception 32bits .... panel when trying to connect to Innovate. I will post a screenshot to make the things clear.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

2.0.2.1 - Cannot install with my cable 'the data is invalid'
2.0.0.26 - Installs fine. Timeout set to 4 seconds is able to detect in File-Config and connect using consult
2.0.13.130 - Installed the package but the different PID/VID cannot be changed unless I have the INF file directly for this one. Cannot test

Do you get the Innovate MTS exception issue with 0.10.3? Trying to work out what might have changed for this to occur