Nistune 0.10 Release

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

maglito

Re: Nistune 0.10 Release

Post by maglito »

Innovate wideband daisy chaining works great, thanks!

However, I noticed that the wideband map trace function only displays in lambda, no mater if that is checked in the configuration setup or not. The wideband display is correct, but the maptrace value is stuck on lambda

Thanks
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

xp

map highlighting is going fine but most of the tables are red and stay red, but no crashing tho :D
DVS JEZ

Post by DVS JEZ »

i might be going blind but was smooth always an option next to %change ?
i just clicked it and nistuned stopped working and closed, ill try it again now. Yep definately locks up then closes. Its an Evil button :twisted:
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

i just clicked it and nistuned stopped working and closed, ill try it again now. Yep definately locks up then closes. Its an Evil button :twisted:
same
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

oh shit I never ended up finishing that smoothing code.... time to disable evil button!
21:33:09.937 statusbar: Searching for com ports
21:33:10.093 Found COM3,USB Serial Port
21:33:10.093 Found COM4,Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port
21:33:10.421 COM3 found
21:33:10.421 statusbar: Found port COM3
21:33:11.421 ThreadCheckPort(COM4): timed out
21:33:13.250 COM4 found
Okay I got some logs from that nasty prolific driver some of you guys are using with the 0.10.2 version. You can see above there is a 3 second delay between probe request and 'COM4 found' response. In the interim we timed out the port. So I will have to increase the delay time and also check for 'bluetooth' before probing ports in the device description to speed up checking and increase its reliability
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Well, after a we of testing (!), I got various results with 10.2.
For sure, having 2 Profilific cables running at the same time (Consult & Innovate) make the things worse.

I told you I used 2.0.2.1 for ages for these 2 cables, it works fine up to 0.9.14.22.
Strangly I don't manage to get back this stable bahavior since all my various tests.
One of the major problems with Prolific drivers is they require a reboot each time you change the driver version.
This is maybe why I got mixed results.

Here is my hardware mapping:
COM1 Prolific USB serial (Consult)
COM2 Prolific USB serial (Innovate)
COM3 Agere modem (not used btw)
COM5 Bluetooth port (not used btw)
COM6 Bluetooth port (not used btw)
COM7 Bluetooth port (a COM client port port I added to test my Parani SD100 BT serial connected to Innovate LC1)
(I have HP integrated bluetooth module with driver 5.1.0.4800. It creates COM5 and COM6 automatically)

2.0.0.18 seemed the only version for which Logworks3 still works on COM2 when the 2 cables are plugged in (detection takes a while though). Yesterday, 10.2 detected the 2 COM ports but sometimes I need to unplug-replug and relaunch Nistune to get them detected (I force COnsult on COM1 and Innovate on COM2). COnsult COM1 is opened immediatly but COM2 takes a while to get the first values displayed (> 5 seconds), when it works ...
I got sometimes blue screen (IRQ .... LESS message) on Innovate disconnection (I always disconnect clicking the button, quit Nistune, then I unplug the cables)

2.0.0.26 (as known as the most reliable b/w the dodgy versions) works with Logworks3 only if only one cable is plugged in (!?)

Didn't try 2.0.2.1 again but I should maybe ...

2.0.13.130 (the receommended driver, the latest one) shows yellow marks on my Prolific cables. COuld you try this one Matt ?

http://www.vems.hu/wiki/index.php?page= ... dowsDriver

I may try ATEN USB 2.0.14.156, changing the USB PID VID to match Prolific ...

On the other hand, I tried my BT serial Parani SD100. It works really fine with Logworks3 on COM7 with speed set @19200.
I don't manage to get it working with my diy Consult interface @9600 (which works fine with Prolific or direct RS232 Cable !). I don't understand why ... I attached the corresponding logs with Portmon.
FF FF EF D0 F0 is sent but no answer. I tried to send each byte step by step using LookRS232 but no answer ... this is strange b/c it works with Innovate LC1 !
consult_cable_ok.LOG
(16.03 KiB) Downloaded 213 times
consult_bt_ko.LOG
(2.23 KiB) Downloaded 189 times
Prolific _drivers.zip
(105.97 KiB) Downloaded 195 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

map highlighting is going fine but most of the tables are red and stay red
screenshot?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

COnsult COM1 is opened immediatly but COM2 takes a while to get the first values displayed (> 5 seconds), when it works ... I got sometimes blue screen (IRQ .... LESS message) on Innovate disconnection
Seen this also with the blue screen on Win7 but that was when wideband disconnected due to vehicle power off (ie remove power and disconnect). That appears to be a driver bug (Aten - Prolific) when releasing the handle to the device or something related to Innovate MTS closing down
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

However, I noticed that the wideband map trace function only displays in lambda
This works here both LC-1 and LM-2

Make sure you select LM_2_O2 or similar from Input Sensor list for AFR and LO2 for Lambda. Just tried it again with LM-2 and S14 SR20DET to make sure
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay 0.10.3 available tonight
Extended com port timeout for Prolific chipset converters
Log player navigation improvements
Log player fixes for units display and graphing scaling
Crash fix when displaying non existant window
Removed smoothing functionality call to avoid crash
Fix for knock map detection affecting consult on some ECUs
Consult callback fixes affecting initial connectivity
romchip2000 let me know if this works for you now with increased timeouts? I've set it at 3.5 seconds detection time / port and ignoring anything with 'tooth' in the description (ie bluetooth)
COM2 takes a while to get the first values displayed (> 5 seconds), when it works ...
I think this is just normal for innovate to take a while to startup. 5 seconds is a long time though. Say 3 seconds to connect to driver and then a few more seconds to actually work.

I'll try those drivers out tomorrow night as I'm out of time now
louiswun

Post by louiswun »

0.10.2 with Type 1 board CA18DET
Batt voltage missing in consult display.
RPM missing in consult log but it shows correctly in consult display.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I'm yet to try to connect this new version to the car, but while viewing/checking some older logs, the AFR is not properly shown... on consult gauges it just displays the value, but no needle nor scale. on the log viewer, it only displays value and does not draw any graph... the log is from february this year...
RomChip200

Post by RomChip200 »

Well, 0.10.3 (like 0.10.1) shows a messy "Consult data display". RPM is missing btw.
Log file misses some names in the line that should list all the fields recorded.
Maps highlighting seems to have disappeared (works fine in 0.9.14.22)

On the Prolific side, I got everything stable with 2.0.0.26 finally, even with 2 cables in 2 plugs aside.
I noticed something strange with 2.0.2.21, it only works with 2 Prolific cables when they are plugged in opposite sides of my laptop.
it's maybe a matter of usb bridge(S) ...
Finally, 0.10.3 show the same stability than 0.9.14.22 in term of COM ports detection, connection time and disconnection (both versions have the same rate of bluescreen).

I stick with 0.9.14.22 for the moment, at least to be able to log correctly.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

on the log viewer, it only displays value and does not draw any graph.
Should be fixed in 0.10.3 by
- Log player fixes for units display and graphing scaling

As for the other part can you please post your log for inspection here? If some of the values at the bottom of the sensor list are missing then it may be getting out of wack with consult log headers
Batt voltage missing in consult display.
RPM missing in consult log but it shows correctly in consult display
Okay S13 CA18 will look at this one tonight (must be a Type 1 consult issue)
Well, 0.10.3 (like 0.10.1) shows a messy "Consult data display". RPM is missing btw.
Which vehicle is this on that you are connecting? Is this also S13 CA18? I havent seen the consult data display acting up with vehicles tested so far but I'm only testing a subset
Finally, 0.10.3 show the same stability than 0.9.14.22 in term of COM ports detection, connection time and disconnection
This was done by allowing more time for the prolific drivers to respond to our COM requests
both versions have the same rate of bluescreen
Nothing I can do with regards to blue screens - thats a driver issue not software issue. We just open the COM port handle, configure settings (baud rate etc) read data and then close it. Do you get blue screens out of interest with Innovate LogWorks? Does it only happen if using two USB devices simulatenously?
sssbassil

Post by sssbassil »

Quote:
map highlighting is going fine but most of the tables are red and stay red

screenshot?
i wood but i dont know how to do a screenshot sorry :evil: .

low afm voltage trigger still maxed out