Problem getting connected to 84T ecu.

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Stinky
Site Admin

Problem getting connected to 84T ecu.

Post by Stinky »

Matt,
I'm trying to get connected to Nicks 84T ecu. The laptop found the hardware just fine and I installed it using the drivers listed under the Nistune directory. It appears as if the ecu is not running correctly as the fuel pump is not coming on at all. When I try to connect to the ecu via usb consult I get a message about no data received. The log should be attached. Any ideas? I've tried a number of address files including the 84-85 file.

Also, do you recall which image is installed on his nvram? I believe Nick was under the impression that the ecu was an 86t however the cover on the ecu you sent him was an 84t part number. Did you have a chance to check the ecu on the test bench? Maybe there was a bin mixup that is causing the problem?
Attachments
nistune-0514-1408.log
(1.78 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
Last edited by Stinky on Thu May 17, 2007 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nissan_Nick

Post by Nissan_Nick »

someone help him out........ i miss my car :cry:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Bryant

From my records, the board is a 1984/85 ECU with a Rev3 NVRAM board installed in it. These are the earlier type ECUs with two big boards fitted to them. Since I had this ECU I would have tested it on the bench with the board installed in it prior to returning it.

If the ECU is not running the program correctly for whatever reason, then NIStune will not be able to connect. Lack of fuel pump priming on ignition or the diagnostic LEDs not behaiving correctly are indications something isn't right

To help me diagnose...

* Has the vehicle ever ran with this ECU since it was returned with the NIStune board installed?
* Is the board currently correctly seated in the socket in the ECU?
* Do the wires on the CPU connector buzz out from the HD6802 chip onto the connectors going into the board?

Are the jumpers set correctly for NVRAM mode still? Programming jumper open? If you are able to open it up and take a few photos I can double check it all

Worst case... I can program up and shoot a Rev3A board through
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Just got back in to town. I'll check it out today.
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Matt,
Just tested the ecu one more time. Both lights come on and stay on. No fuel pump at any point and the injectors/coil dont do anything when cranking. I'll attach pics of the ecu. As far as I know the ecu has not been touched by anyone but myself. No jumpers were touched as far asI know. I'll have to ask Nick to see if he tried out the ecu in the car but I'm doubting he did. Pics should be attached.
Attachments
DSC_8848.jpg
(122.2 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
DSC_8849.jpg
(131.32 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
DSC_8850.jpg
(132.2 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
DSC_8851.jpg
(126.95 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
DSC_8852.jpg
(125.46 KiB) Downloaded 3106 times
Stinky
Site Admin

Post by Stinky »

Is it easy/possible to install a programmed eprom with a stock image on it to verify the ecu runs?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

hmmm... i hotglued that and board looks fairly secure. not sure whats going on.

unfortunately you cant just plug in an eprom into these ECUs. it needs both chips installed. it might need the 24 pin socket/chip installed along with 28 pin chip