Where things are at

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Where things are at

Post by Matt »

Hey Guys

Just an update to let you know whats happening at the moment

NIStune board programmer
[Current]
- We have received our PCB for the programmer and PL has built this up. I am currently testing it out and appears to be working. Got some minor hardware changes to make and a software change to make to NTProg so there will be an update to this also
- Once all working well we will order some more PCBs to build a few more programmers if people require a firmware change

Found that using Willem + adaptor board only certain versions of Willem seem to STORE correctly

Type 3 board (SR20 etc)
[In progress]
- We found last week that the Z32 16 bit board is actually overwriting its ROM area and corrupting the firmware. This is obviously bad and needed to be fixed. I have added write protection mechanism to the firmware which works well
- However I am noticing that the ECU is resetting after doing a burn 'STORE' operation so need to investigate and fix this so it is working again.

Type 4 board (later SR20 etc)
[In progress]
- We have had problems with S15 ECUs dying for no apparent reason both on bench and in car (going to limp mode). Suspecting noise issues or overwriting problem similar to Z32 on Type 3. We are going to try this firmware change out and retest. If that looks good then will try in vehicle again
- We are trying to get hold of another ER34 ECU to try out for this paritcular vehicle. Firmware supports it, just needs to be tested

Z31/R31 AFM mod ... using Z32, Q45 etc AFM (0-5v) on a (2-7v) ECU
[TBD]
- Currently trying to modify internal circuitry on 1986 based ECUs which need the opamp between AFM input and the HD46510 removed. Or try an external opamp to bump voltage up 2 volts which has been done on ECU2.forums

NIStune bug fixes
- What other spare time I have running through the bug fix list trying to hit the high priority issues first. I will do this on an as needs basis... ie if it impacts you then I will make it a priority to fix that problem asap
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

- All good with the programmer. There is slightly updated NTProgCE documentation and new version of software to support our programmer board (hardware slightly different so there is a tickbox added)

- We will get some made up with the hardware fixes I had to incorporate in our prototype

- Once I get final programmers in, will update the NTProgCE doc with a new section covering this programmer (or might remove the willem section and put in a separate document since thats becoming obsolete)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

- Type 3 reset during burn problem found and fixed. Still going to look into one more improvement with the burn operation

- Type 4 boards all look good on the bench. We found with Z32 16 bit that when moving from ROM boards to NVRAM, that the ECU code was actually overwriting iteslef in places (because NVRAM lets you do that). Now added write protection to allow only consult writes

So testing S15 and ER34 out in vehicles ...

- Testing duty time [% vs voltage] on the bench, monitoring with CRO. maptrace was wrong fixed with 0.90116. Testing duty cycle [% vs RPM] had wrong RPM values. I believe it starts at 400rpm and 200rpm steps with 32 entries. However I dont notice any changes on the CRO when chaging whole table...

- Z31/AFM mod work happening tonight after I sort out Innovate installation issues (failure to register DirectX OCX file causes problems with application)

- Looking into other bug fix work later starting tomorrow onwards for another release

- Type 5 board design and schematics continuing following week