tuning er34 problems

Discussions concerning the M7790 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: tuning er34 problems

Post by Matt »

I have a question the sensor right the in the picture, I got it blocked off and i left it blocked off but when i connect it the car starts to idle very bad. so i just block it back off. was just wondering what's it's for?

i think it's the stock boost sensor.
yes it is. without this connected you will get BOOST SENSOR DTC code and limit on how much boost you can run. not sure why its idling bad without it connected (shouldnt cause vacuum leak)
also another thing, every time i shut the car off and let it cool of maybe to 78 not much, the idle after start is really lean @ 17 bu after a few seconds goes back to 12.2 do i need to adjust the after start idle? and I left the o2 sensor disconnected is this a problem?
That may be the idle enrichment table but never needed to adjust it. If you have the O2 sensor reconnected it may mask this and use the readings to pull back to around 14.7:1 again (closed loop)
gilbertskyline

Post by gilbertskyline »

hey matt,

the boost sensor was like that and it would go to 15 psi no problem, even more but we let off the gas. so after that incedent we are running of the wastegate spring @ 8psi

I will reconnect the o2 and see what happens next time, when i have time to play with the car.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

nice to see you're getting the hang of it and getting some results =)
Nistune is quite a handy tool ;)