RPM Scaling

If it isnt a problem or a suggestion it probably goes here.

Moderator: Matt

HermaN

RPM Scaling

Post by HermaN »

I was wondering, if I were to rescale the RPM for fueling & ignition tables as shown in the pic below, so it goes from 0 - 7500 instead of 6800 - 0, would it cause any issues?

Ignore the actual values in the map, all I did was load a base map and rescale the RPM along the side. Reason I prefer to see it like that, is that I've come from an EcuFlash background where that's how it's done. Example of one of my EcuFlash maps....

You can see the RPM goes from 0 at the top to 7500 at the bottom, just makes it easier for me if I can do it that way. Is there anything else I need to change?

Cheers!

Oh, and before anyone says the fuel map on the Evo looks too rich, the ACTUAL AFR's are spot on (12.5 on spool up and holding flat 11.8's from 4000 RPM then dipping to 11.5 at redline). All early Evo's have richer fuel maps than what you actually get from the tailpipe if they have an induction kit. Newer Evo's (7 onwards don't do that tho).
HermaN

Re: RPM Scaling

Post by HermaN »

anyone??
blu3man

Post by blu3man »

I'm pretty sure if you exceed the max cell your engine decides to become an hero....

No lol. Im pretty sure its actually fine, it just stays on the last cell.
HermaN

Post by HermaN »

erm, not what I was asking....

I was wondering, if I set the RPM scaling to go from low RPM up top to redline at the bottom will it be ok? Reason is that as standard in NIStune, the high RPM is up top on the tables and low further down.

Look at my first pic. The RPM goes 0, 500, 1000, etc from top to bottom, where as the standard NIStune maps go from 7000, 6500, 6000, etc from top to bottom.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

and you want to know if that is possible so you can interchange between both softwares ?
HermaN

Post by HermaN »

Pretty much. Reason I want it like that is because I'm already used to seeing it the other way in EcuFlash, so if I can do it in NIStune it will make things easier for me when mapping. Won't need to think about the layout of the tables, I'll just know.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I see...

Well... I think it's a matter of talking to Matt about the possibility to make that an option in configurations, though it will require some work...
from what I saw on the images you posted, the 3d graph display is also the inverse of the ones in Nistune...

I king of get your point ;)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Reason is that as standard in NIStune, the high RPM is up top on the tables and low further down.
I saw on ROM Editor etc that they started from 0,0 at the top left and worked down. This is normally how a PC works when drawing something, the coordinates get bigger as you go right/down

However in real life, when things go higher they tend to go up. Hence why RPM increases as it goes higher - kinda makes more sense

It would have to be a custom code mode to reverse them but I'm not really inclinded to do that at this stage, as it would then affect the correlation of the grid against other windows like the AFR trace window and 3D graphics either which also show higher RPM goes up.
HermaN

Post by HermaN »

Fair play, cheers for clearing that up tho. Can't just rescale them as I did.
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

So you have tried running it? And it doesnt work?

If so, its probably the interpolation algorithm in the ecu that screws things up...