new to Nistune with (stupid question)

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

taoe_wolf

new to Nistune with (stupid question)

Post by taoe_wolf »

Hi guys, I have a 96 R33 gtst, auto that i converted to a manual and have been using the auto ECU with out any problems, when I purchases the gearbox the guy had a nistune ecu with it. I sent it to Matt to it checked out, and all was ok with the type 2 install. I have just fitted it to the car and connected consult, and it tells me that the ecu is [Z32 (VG30DETT) Z32 (type2) feature Pack 1.0 (version:5) Matt had changed the MAF to suit the standard R33 and the standard injectors (370)
I have installed the unit and I have a couple of unusual faults now.

1. at about 1600 -2000 rpm i have miss fire and as I increase the throttle position the miss fire gets worse but there is no increase in rpm and then it will jump up to like 3200 ish.

2. on a medium throttle run, at about 3000 - 4000 miss fire (flat spot) but after that its seams ok, but you can notice some surging??

I have run a log and found that my 02 voltage is fluctuating with the rpm holding flat at 3600, will try and get a screen shot for you guys.

cheers
taoe_wolf

Re: new to Nistune with (stupid question)

Post by taoe_wolf »

hi guys I have added a screen shot for the log

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vsamu0v2jwdn ... 8.png?dl=0

cheers, James
Torque

Post by Torque »

Hello,

The fluctuation of the O2 graph is perfectly normal and actually shows that your O2/ECU correction is working.
So don't worry about it!
taoe_wolf

Post by taoe_wolf »

Ok thanks on the O2, any ideas on the ecu compatibility?

Cheers, James
RJBijsterbosch

Post by RJBijsterbosch »

I think that you are using the wrong bin file.

[Z32 (VG30DETT) Z32 (type2) feature Pack 1.0 (version:5) is the adress file for the ecu. So this is ok.

@ main in the screenshot i see Nistuner33 23710 41P13AT looks like you are using a bin file for a Z32 ECU with a VG30DETT engine. This is also a bin file for a AT transmission not a MT transmission as you have. Don't know for sure because you renamed the bin file.

You have a Z32 ECU with a RB25DET engine and you have a spec 2 R33. So you need to use the corresponding bin file.

When you connect to consult which partnumber do you see in the middle of the screen? (What partnumber will show up @ "NOT CONNECTED")
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

O2 sensor is working (should be 14.7:1 on the wideband)

If you have an issue with the way it runs, best to record a log (with wideband AFRs included) and post here with BIN file you are using Z32 for RB25 BIN files are in the Type2\ECR32_RB25DET folder
taoe_wolf

Post by taoe_wolf »

I think that you are using the wrong bin file.

[Z32 (VG30DETT) Z32 (type2) feature Pack 1.0 (version:5) is the adress file for the ecu. So this is ok.

@ main in the screenshot i see Nistuner33 23710 41P13AT looks like you are using a bin file for a Z32 ECU with a VG30DETT engine. This is also a bin file for a AT transmission not a MT transmission as you have. Don't know for sure because you renamed the bin file.

You have a Z32 ECU with a RB25DET engine and you have a spec 2 R33. So you need to use the corresponding bin file.

When you connect to consult which partnumber do you see in the middle of the screen? (What partnumber will show up @ "NOT CONNECTED")
Hi when I connect to the ecu and download from it this is what it tells me it wants to load
the name I called it was the part number off the ecu sticker just so i know what it was.

I will check what part number comes up on the screen when I connect and will let you know.
ans I am not using a Z32 AFM
oh and I dont have a wideband unit connected as of yet, and recommendations?

cheers, James
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

We have a list of widebands on our website. Innovate or Zeitronix are my recommended ones

If you are getting asked for a file on download, you dont have both ROM packs installed. Please install them both from our Support > Downloads page