Consult cable not Detected - NISTUNE

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

spec1sef

Consult cable not Detected - NISTUNE

Post by spec1sef »

I installed my new NISTUNE type 2 board in a chipped 93 Z32 TT and my NISTUNE fails to connect through included USB consult cable.
The red light on the cable lights up solid and when I try to connect from the software the Rx light blinks once (Green color).

Also my car idles fine on z1 chip without any Check engine light but when I plug in Nistune the car starts but check engine light comes on.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Consult cable not Detected - NISTUNE

Post by Matt »

ECU is in limp mode. Please check the installation of the CPU connector in the ECU. If it is the wrong way around or wired incorrectly this may stop the Type 2 board working

I checked back on your order and the board is 47P10 ECU. I check each board posted out in an ECU to make sure it runs correctly (ie no check engine light for example) so the board should be okay

Please post photos of the ECU install perhaps.

So you checked the Z1 chip in the ECU after trying the Nistune board, and were able to connect to consult again?
spec1sef

Post by spec1sef »

I did not try the Z1 chip after installing Nistune board. Should I just unplug Nistune board and put Z1 chip in to see if consult cable works and if Check engine light goes away?

spec1sef

Post by spec1sef »

Hi Matt,

Does the wire look correct in above picture.
spec1sef

Re: Consult cable not Detected - NISTUNE [FIXED]

Post by spec1sef »

I am not sure what was the issue but I took out the NISTUNE board and plugged in Z1 chip and car started fine. Tried the consult cable and NISTUNE connected to it fine as well. I downloaded the map and saved it. Then I plugged in NISTUNE board and this time consult cable connected to it. Car doesn't idle right so I put the Z1 chip back in until my dyno tune date.

I hope this doesn't happen again when I get to the tuner's shop.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If the Z1 chip has been changed for MAF or injectors then the Nistune board will not have the same tune, but you can take the Z1 downloaded file and upload to your Nistune board then it should run the same after this

The Nistune board should run the same as a factory tune (not the Z1 tune)