Z32 V4 FP for RB25 Timing going to 0 off idle.

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

mtnickel

Z32 V4 FP for RB25 Timing going to 0 off idle.

Post by mtnickel »

I'm having a strange issue.
I've built a new basemap for my car from the Rompack "Z32 for RB25 With FP v4".

I used the Change MAF feature, and changed the TIM for my bigger injectors. I uploaded to ostrich (I don't have nistune board).

I'm having a strange issue where I get 15* timing during idle, but anything off idle and the map goes right to 0 timing. The launch control feature is disabled and 8000RPM. I don't have a knock sensor connected right now, not sure if that's causing it to instantly pull all timing out. it doesn't even rise and come down, but just jumps from 15 to 0 within an instant.

Anyone have any ideas?

attached is bin, I will try and get log up.
Attachments
Z32forRb25-444cc-z32maf-FP.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
bachig24u

Re: Z32 V4 FP for RB25 Timing going to 0 off idle.

Post by bachig24u »

Does the type 2 base image match the new base map image?

if not, and I read correctly "ostrich" emulator. it won't work properly.

The type 2 board has FP code in it which your Ostrich doesn't. The FP code uses new address files.
mtnickel

Post by mtnickel »

On an ostrich setup, there is no "base image". It's my understanding that the base image is the base code the ECU runs off of. This is often programmed into the nistune board. Then the nistune board can change just specific values in the image to "tune".

With an ostrich setup, you are always loading a complete binary program/tune every time you upload to the eeprom emulator.
Ostrich setup has no nistune board. It consists of an eprom emulator which plugs into a socket on the ECU (where the original eprom was once located but was removed). It replicates the entire base image with modified tables and all.

My only suspicion is that perhaps the new FP basemap is not compatible with ostrich/emulator setups as maybe it addresses/references memory locations specific only to the nistune board.

I've since gone back to non-feature pack rom which works great. Just wanted to test out the TIM to see if it made tuning easier. Plus I liked it did away with the 4 different fuel maps I usually have to replicate to make changes (fuel, fuel knock, gear, and gear knock).
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Its not just about an FP base map. It also coincides with FP code which you do not have.

You can not burn roms or use an emulator with any FP functionality. Probably same goes for new versions of original code such as V4 etc.
mtnickel

Post by mtnickel »

bachig24u wrote:Its not just about an FP base map. It also coincides with FP code which you do not have.

You can not burn roms or use an emulator with any FP functionality. Probably same goes for new versions of original code such as V4 etc.
You know this for a fact?

I've used the V4 code with no problem. I was under the impression that the Binary program file contained all the Featurepack required. When I had a honda, there were stock roms, and there were featured roms (crome Gold rom, etc) which had features added all contained in the Binary file loaded to the ECU.
I was under the impression that the Nistune board is merely a Nissan specific rom emulator. I'd love to hear from Matt to confirm that Emulator licenced users cannot load FP rom files.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

I'll leave this one alone at this point as Matt is the gospel on this.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is a V4 updated ROM image with fixed idle timing tables (compared to V3) and Alpha/N table maxed out (255 values, as opposed to using the copied RB25 maps). This can be used with emulators: Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v4.bin

However the V4 FP version you are using, is only for feature pack boards.
Z32_FOR_RB25DET_41P03_MT_v4_FP_maps.bin

It zeros out tables (knock tables) which are now used for flex fuel, and other parameters (launch control, TIM ) are now added

It needs to be used in conjunction with a FP loaded Type 2 board. FP is not available for EPROMs/emulators
mtnickel

Post by mtnickel »

Thanks for the reply. Good to have confirmation on it and know I'm not crazy or doing something wrong.