Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Bgtym

E85 maps Activation

Post by Bgtym »

Hi Matt, new season, new ideas))
we use the z32 EKU and Feature Pack
also we use the water methanol injection
when applying methanol necessary to raise the ignition timing and adjust the AFR
is it possible to activate the map for E85 while submitting the water methanol
Matt
Site Admin

Re: E85 maps Activation

Post by Matt »

Are you using a flex sensor and E85 maps already?

If not then you could connect the flex input to switch between 0 and 5V

When it is connected to 5V you can make it add additional timing from the 'Flex timing' offset map
Bgtym

Post by Bgtym »

we do not have Flex converter!
unless apply a voltage of 5 volts on slot vr272, it activates the E85 map ?
I want to fasten the pressure sensor (switch), which at the time of the methanol water will close the circuit and provide power to the JCU to activate E85 map
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes put 5V (or just connect both variable input lines together) to enable/disable

It will make ECU 'see' 100% ethanol and use full fuel/timing offsets for flex fuel (enable flex fuel)

Read the feature pack documentation for more details
Ross

Post by Ross »

Matt,

I hate to revive this old thread but I need to do this as well for methanol injection mapping. The trouble is that the fuel and timing offsets are both adders, and with methanol injection I will have to remove fuel and add timing. Is there a way to input negative values into the fuel offset map? If not, is this something that can be released in an update? I see the check box for negate flex maps; I assume that would remove both timing and fuel based on the values in the offset maps--am I understanding that correctly?

Regards,

Ross
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Hi Ross . This is correct. It would need to be another 'NOS' style firmware update where fuel is added and timing reduced.
Ross

Post by Ross »

Is there an update in the works that would allow me to negate only fuel maps? Or input negative numbers? I don't need the ecu to do any triggering of course, just be triggered to run the flex maps as it already can be. Is there already a nitrous firmware update that could be negated? I just want to be able to switch on methanol injection on the fly without uploading a new map. If we had E85 then I would have a simple solution :D
This is an RB26DETT ECU. Thanks Matt.

Regards,

Ross
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is no nitrous firmware, and nothing in the works at this stage. At the moment I'm focused on doing firmware and software fixes and updates which have been pending. Will consider it for a future release but nothing immediate.
akane404

Post by akane404 »

Reviving an old thread once more (sorry :roll: )

I have a type 2 board ,Z32 ecu with an RB25 map and also a E85 chip. I plan on using the E85 input as a Nitrous "activator" to switch to another map for more fueling timing etc all mentioned above.

I guess my question to you Matt is will the Q45 throttle body work as an activation to switch to jump over to the "e85" map? my resting tps is set at .48V and WOT Is 4.32V, I want the map to switch over at WOT only. I will be installing a switch between the flex fuel sensor input and the tps signal so that when I arm the nitrous system I can also allow the ECU to utilize the secondary map. I'm just not sure if 4.32V will be enough to trigger the second map since I know it is supposed to be 5V.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

You could put the flex input straight into the TPS signal. Then adjust the 'flex content' and 'timing content' tables to add fuel based on voltage levels (and reduce timing under required voltage levels) without needing a switch
akane404

Post by akane404 »

The only reason I suggested using a switch is because I won't always be using the nitrous since this is also a street car and the nitrous will only be used at the track. I don't want to add fuel and pull timing if the nitrous won't be present.

So basically what you are saying is that even though i only have a max of 4.32V it will still work by adjusting those things to activate at that voltage?

I'm happy to post updates as I get further into testing, right now everything is still being prepped/installed. But I'd be happy to help with developing this to work properly. Maybe a future update could even allow for a flex map and a Nitrous input. :idea:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

If you don't use it all the time then you can disable the flex fuel feature in that case when not used. Only enable it when you use it (which then looks at TPS signal and adjusts fuel and timing maybe)

This might be a big maybe. I don't have much demand for it... and what I suggested will do what you need
akane404

Post by akane404 »

Almost forgot to check back! But thank you for all you help Matt, I will be back with results and I'll let you know how it all plays out.
mtnickel

Post by mtnickel »

Any update on the possibility of only negating fuel OR ignition? I'm in the same boat with methanol injection that it'd be nice to be able to cut fuel and add timing. For type 2 z32 ECU. Seems like it'd be a trivial mod, though I'm guessing it might require a new base image programmed?
If not, it's easy enough for me to dial back boost 4-5psi and tune the load cells there for a richer mixture there when the methanol is low (via an external EBC).

EDIT:
Disregard, I see you sort of came up with a way to do it via the activation tables:
Flex fuel content table:
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 63 63 63 63 63 63 63
(0V = no extra fuel, 5V = 100% extra fuel)

In the Flex Fuel map, add extra numbers here for extra fuel required when nitrous kicks in

Timing flex content table:
63 63 63 63 63 63 63 63 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
(0V = extra timing, 5V = no extra timing)

In the main Timing map, reduce this by the amount of timing you want reduced when on nitrous. Now that extra mount (say 10 degrees) then add to the 'flex timing map'

During normal operation when switch is inactive, normal timing will be achieved by using the main+flex timing map with 0V input. Once nitrous is enabled, then main+flex fuel is used and only timing in timing map is used
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just about what i was going to suggest, is reverse one of the content tables, so it blends backwards