Low raw fuel values using e85

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Kboot6

Low raw fuel values using e85

Post by Kboot6 »

Hi people

I have tuned my rb20 on e85. All my values in the raw fuel map high load high rpm are down to around under 6 and still super rich . Is my injection multiplier to high at cruise (set to lambda at cruise). And if lowered would that give me a little bit more room in my map to play.

My setup
1000cc injectors
E85
Td05 20g 25psi

Cheers.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Low raw fuel values using e85

Post by Matt »

Can you post your tune. If its lamda at cruise, does not make sense why it would be richer in an area with lower values. You dont have a rising rate fuel regulator or anything like that fitted?
Kboot6

Post by Kboot6 »

I do have a turbosmart rising rate fuel reg.
Attachments
sil startup2.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 106 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah you might want to get rid of that. You have a very flat fuel map and the increasing fuel pressure is adding fuel where you dont need it

Why was it fitted in the first place?

Normally the map should start low and then go higher on the top right. Values around 25-30 normally used for 1000CC injectors depending on vehicle
Kboot6

Post by Kboot6 »

values that high? what about e85?

don't rb20 have pressure compensated fuel reg from standard anyway. that's why I installed one. When i bought the engine the previous owner had one. Then i put a turbosmart 1200 on. And set to 43psi with vac line off at idle.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

E85 should not make much difference to the fuel map. Normally add around 30% to the total injection multiplier to *increase* fuel required

Yes the standard fuel reg does increase pressure on boost. Depends on the fuel flowing both idle and on boost compared to the factory one. The maps just dont look right

Do an 'trace' showing your injection duty, you should see it increasing as you go across (right/up) the fuel map