Connectivity issues

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

beng2k

Connectivity issues

Post by beng2k »

Car:
93 R33 With RB20 Ecu recently updated to FP1. VCT out through spare LED.
Correct address and bins loaded.
Changed my Yellow jackets out for the VAG/R8 coil packs. PTU removed.
Car idles great everything seems fine

Story:
A pin broke while removing my type 2 board. I sent it off to be repaired and reflashed. Everything reinstalled. When the engine is off, there's no issues with the connection. Resynced my maps and everything was fine.

Previously before the new pin/flash/coil swap/ptu removal I never experienced any issues with connection issues. My Consult port wiring is but a few cms long off the ECU. I'm using PLMS cable supplied with my Nistune. Was perfectly fine before storage.

Now it won't hold a connection. I have completed every step, ferrite core, grounds, alternator was just tested and inspected, holds 14v, ecu grounded to chassis at mounting points, added extra block to chassis and batter to chassis.

I purchased a 25v 0.47uf capacitor and wired it from the 12v single feed to the coils to the motor ground in hopes that it may help. It didn't. I've ordered the Nissan capacitor that is on the S2 wiring harness and will get it tomorrow.

Is my wiring correct? Based on the wiring diagrams of the S2 and Neo wiring diagrams I've seen on google I think its wired right.

Anything else I can do?
beng2k

Re: Connectivity issues

Post by beng2k »

I wired in the Nissan condensor ignition piece to the 12v to the coils and grounded it to a good ground. Still unable to maintain a connection.
beng2k

Post by beng2k »

Figured it out. Wired my own relay to feed power using the switched 12v for the relay instead. Kept the noise suppression capacitor installed as well.

Working perfectly again.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Seems that this isolated the electrical noise causing the disconnects