NOOB new install R32 Type 2 HICAS Steering Problem

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

wpeej

NOOB new install R32 Type 2 HICAS Steering Problem

Post by wpeej »

NOOB here, so sorry if this has been brought up before (didn't find anything via search).

I just installed the type-2 board in my R32 ECU (1990 Skyline GT-R RB26DETT). The problem I'm having is the rear steering seemed to move on me while I was going about 80km/hr down a straight, flat road...I about had to change my britches! It almost felt like I was losing traction in the rear...but I wasn't accellerating or braking...just a steady speed. It was like a quick jerk to the left (like a strong cross-wind...without wind) but it was only the back-end that seemed to move. The steering seemed a little loose after that, but it seemed to resolve itself.

Does the ECU control the rear steering (HICAS) at all? I thought the GT-R had a separate control unit for the rear steering. I do not have any warning lights on in the dash. The HICAS fluid level is normal.

Any help would be appreciated!
a0er

Re: NOOB new install R32 Type 2 HICAS Steering Problem

Post by a0er »

HICAS has its own ECU
wpeej

Post by wpeej »

I found out that my tire size was incorrectly programmed in Nistune...as soon as I entered the right rim and tire size, the problem was fixed!
boostjunkie

Post by boostjunkie »

thanx ill take note of this I have hicas in my r33 noticed the tyre sizing in the options haven't altered it yet so will make sure to do so