RB20 Example Maps

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Raybrant

RB20 Example Maps

Post by Raybrant »

Hi all,

I'm looking for a few HCR32 RB20 maps with a cam/injector/turbo upgrade I can baseline my tune off of. I got an HKS 2530, ID725s and now Tomei Procams 260/8.5.

My fueling is off again after the cams dropped in, revving it up will make it close to stall when it comes down back to idle. It starts to knock occasionally too which is the big thing I'm worried about. Just trying to get my tune close enough so I can drive 4 hrs to my tuner this weekend. Attached is my bin file, any advice or input will be appreciated!
Attachments
ID725 Injectors Fuel Map 15 Oct 15.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 185 times
Raybrant

Re: RB20 Example Maps

Post by Raybrant »

Additional disclaimer: I know you can't tune a car without seeing it or at least seeing some logs. What I'm looking for are some of your guy's tunes for an RB20 with fuel mods. I just want to see where are some areas fuel is commonly needed with a certain set of mods. I don't plan on "copying" your tune and hoping it works on mine as it won't.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Sorry bud, I'm sure many would like to help but the fact your asking for the purpose of a very long drive is a risky proposition.

Better off hiring a trailer and towing the car to the tuner. cheaper in the long run mate.
Just too many variables to consider.

If you do anyhow then the only things I will tell you is when the engine is at zero vacuum, ensure the maps column accessed is 2 columns off the high end of the scale (RHS). You could probably also get away with adding a lot more closed loop feed back cells, pretty much all the way up to around -5Hg on vacuum/boost gauge.
-5Hg on the vac/boost gauge should leave you a trace curser on the 3rd or 2nd column from the right.
this will ensure the ignition and fuelling is relatively lazy and rich.

When you drive don't ever get on boost. when you drive the car, don't ever get on boost.
Zero vacuum/Zero boost is all. Take a spare set of spark plugs, a range hotter than standard will help and some tools require to change them if need be and the business numbers of a handful of towing companies along the way.

Remember to tell the tuner to change the spark plugs and drop the oil when you get there. it will be fairly diluted if the engine is running poorly.

Good luck.
Raybrant

Post by Raybrant »

Thanks for the advice. Didn't see your post before I setted sail.

Ended up driving there slowly and carefully. Made it without any issues. Stayed off boost the entire time. My stalling on decel and idle issues were because of being too lean on the first row. Bumping those up kept the car from dying at the stop light. The near-final tune has fuel increased a ton across the board.

My tuning for injectors was spot on surprisingly, he never made a change to the TIM or latency values.

Unfortunately my tune is still incomplete as my spark started breaking up at WOT/high boost. Will have to revisit in a month or two.