FP Launch Control

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

FP Launch Control

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
I have an 04u60 & RB26 Engine loom that we've added for pin 46 Aircon input so we can trigger Launch Control.

Should have HCR32_RB20DET_11U0F_MT_MEC-212B_FP.ent file in a type 2.
I've checked 3x feature control flags BIT 1, BIT 2 & BIT 3 for Launch Control, Launch switch & Launch Flash.

Set these values for LC.
LC Launch speed to 510km/h as it won't save 511km/h as per FP doco to disable speed triggering.
LC Rev limit retard to 2800rpm
LC Rev limit fuel cut 8000

TPS ON or TPS OFF and pressing LC trigger button isn't triggering engine check light to blink.

Should we expect to see an indication that LC trigger is pressed in Consult View? maybe A/C input illuminating for example?

I would like to double check which FP.ent is installed on the board to confirm it matches the ECU mods done.
Is there a way of checking this easily? The title in the log files don't mention the FP.ent file installed.

Any help appreciated.

KR
Sime
Matt
Site Admin

Re: FP Launch Control

Post by Matt »

Why are you using the AC input?

LC is only activated by using PWR STEER input line. When you see PWR STEER indicator in consult activate it will enable (at idle) or disable (above 1300rpm) the LC

Try this input instead :wink:
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

The only answer for that is, too many late nights sorting out Alcohol engines for the Nats last week.
yep Definitely managed some confusion on this one.
Double checked and the pin113 was hooked to a gnd trigger sw. (not 46 as I originally thought).

Is there anyway to confirm that the correct FP is loaded or best reprogram the board?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

There is only one version 11U0F for the R32 RB20DET FP. As long as it shows that part # when you connect it should be fine
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

yes, it shows F at the end.

I thought these were used in the 04U60 ECU also.
FP-versions.jpg
(91.08 KiB) Downloaded 2077 times
To clarify,
FP.ent on the 11Uxx & 04U60 ECU's will utilise pwr steering input for LC SW but
is the pwrsteer input permanently disabled from the programming of FP.ent or does this happen only when LC SW flag is ticked and uploaded by nistune?

I ask this because inadvertently cars that haven't had pwrsteer input disconnected may exhibit strange behaviour.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes both 04Uxx and 11Uxx use the same 11U0F (MT) or 11U1F (AT) base images

All use power steering input. It is not disabled from normal ECU operation (which increases injection slightly when enabled). Even if tickbox is used in Nistune

The PWR steer is only momentarily used to enable / disable launch so that should not cause unwanted side effects