Warm start flooding Z32 FP

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sky Z

Warm start flooding Z32 FP

Post by sky Z »

Hello!

Got my Nistune upgraded to the new firmware to use the FP upgrades, need to make some adjustments for my fuel setup (nismo 740) since old maps dont work anymore.
Engine runs perfect AFR´s, the only issue is at warm start it injects too many fuel and is hard to start, in cold start is perfect!

Any ideias?

tks!
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Warm start flooding Z32 FP

Post by Matt »

Lower your crank enrich table and see how that goes. Or post the new/old tunes here to compare
sky Z

Post by sky Z »

Sure
Attachments
Z32 TP load 130 gota 5800 6000.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 104 times
LPS + VTC + Coil spark+ timing.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 96 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Have you tried making your crank enrich lower values like the original (purple line) table?
Attachments
z32_cold_start.png
(81.79 KiB) Downloaded 2154 times
sky Z

Post by sky Z »

Hi!

i have try do make the changes but it stayed the same!

And something strange happened...after this adjustments.... at first, in cold start the engine starts fine at first, (in cold) if i try to rev the engine a bit it floods right away! and the engine shut down!, it starts fine again right away! but everytime i try to rev a bit the same happens... only do this in cold, when it reaches +60º coolant go back to normal! and revs like normal.

I change to a old map and the same happen wtf? :? :?: used the active tests to low down the coolant temp to see if does the same but not!
sky Z

Post by sky Z »

More testing, i saw that not only the injection ms goes skyrocket when i hit the throttle, but the Ing timing goes down! all this below 60º coolant

I have done this log
Attachments
NIStune_17.csv
(112.58 KiB) Downloaded 120 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Log needs to be taken stream mode to see stuff better. Latest test versions will automatically switch to this for you

The timing is not going backwards. I assume around the 0:30 second entry in the log file (not specified specifically where we should be looking) that you are going on /off throttle here

The timing will be going between the main timing map and idle/decel timing map. Which it appears to be doing okay
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

I loaded your tune file Z32 TP load 130 gota 5800 6000.bin into the Z32 ECU here (FP loaded) and played back the log file through my engine simulator. I do not seem the same injection time here with that tune file?

Not sure what has changed. Recheck your current tune against the original Z32 41P0F feature pack (using compare button)