Manipulating PORT 6 of the 6303

Nistune topics related specifically to the 6303 cpu

Moderator: Matt

uglykid

Post by uglykid »

Yes, it's a 27c256.. I have a couple 27sf512's, an ostrich 2, and a willem-clone burner.

The actual operating code is about 5k. If I was better at coding, then I could put several versions of maps on the original size chip..

Yes, the ostrich will need a running machine to trace, so I have a buddy with an RXL that he is loaning to me, to work on this.

I agree that they most likely just changed a map or two. But I still think I should figure out all the maps, because there may be other things that need to be changed swapping this over to the larger motor, than the couple maps changed to grab a few more HP on the stock motor.

Then, of course, there's figuring out nistune or tunerpro, or whatever as well.. The new stuff to learn just don't stop on this. :shock:
GZ@hybridka

Post by GZ@hybridka »

I have 4 documents from polaris/jecs/fuji that may or may not detail the operation of your ecu, but at least one of them does, (the others may have not made it to production).

From a quick look at the docs, I can tell you that this snowmobile ecu is generally similar in operation to the nissan and that the available nissan software (such as nistune) could be adapted to work with it quite easily. Those familiar with the nissan ecu code operation should also be able to work out the functions in your code rather quickly.

My email is gabez@tds.net , send me your asm and I can take a quick look and see what I find, also I will have your return address I can send you these documents.

BTW, you mentioned you were able to connect to your ecu using subaru software (and serial adapter?). Do you have any information on the protocol it supports?

HTH,
Gabe.
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

GZ@hybridka wrote:My email is gabez@tds.net , send me your asm and I can take a quick look and see what I find, also I will have your return address I can send you these documents.
YHM...

Your provider is darn picky about attachments, so it took a couple tries to fool the sensors into taking the attachments.... :?
What?!?! You think I have something prophetic to say?
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

WOW!!!!

The amount of information published in patents is staggering... Truly a great resource for reverse engineering stuff like this.

Thanks again.
skyline_stu

Code Dissassembly

Post by skyline_stu »

Hey, uglykid, would you like to send me a copy of the eprom image? i'd be interested in having a look for you too. I'm rather experienced at reverse compiling/modding code so i'm keen.. Send to skyline_stu@optusnet.com.au
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

I just wanted to let you guys know that I hadn't given up on the project..

As soon as I got back on my feet after my hip fracture, life in the fast-lane seemed like a break from what I've been doing to catch up on house repairs and bills. But I've had a little free time over the last couple weeks and got to the sled at last.

The ostrich is indeed compatible with my sled's ECU.

Sorry for the crappy vid, it was shot with my cellphone!! - http://rapidshare.com/files/243395580/O ... e_ever.wmv

It runs perfect, even spitting out the correct error code for the missing sensor. (like anything else was expected)

Yippie Kiyaa Mother F**!!! Twisted Evil

skyline_stu - you have mail, sorry for the delay.

[edit] - by request, vid now on youtube so no divx required.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvvEkZwzuKk

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvvEkZwzuKk&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KvvEkZwzuKk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
uglykid

Post by uglykid »

Thanks to all who helped...

Yesterday I finished installing all the hardware on the 800, and fired it up. In this video, you can see me changing the maps till it fires and stays running.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj2n2oaWqdc

Next step is narrow the range a little better, then to the dyno.
uglykid

Re: Manipulating PORT 6 of the 6303

Post by uglykid »

FYI, anyone that finds this thread and wants any more info on RXL hacking, best place to go is is my group on facebook.. - facebook.com/RXLgeek.

Thanks,
Dave