Injector Capatability

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

jey_253

Injector Capatability

Post by jey_253 »

Im still miles away from my car but i have one question that i'd like answered before i load my new calibration. I just purchased a set of 1000cc injectors and performed the *change injector size* action to set up the map for said injectors. Will nistune be capable of handling injectors this large and I will still need to change the Injector dwell time correct?

Included the .bin to take a look at
Attachments
1000ccbase.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 247 times
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

I have run 1000cc injectors no an SR20 with no problems, Power FC on the other hand was a nightmare.
Noz

Post by Noz »

Currently running 1000s in mine, no issues at all.

Will be going larger at some point as well.
13.434@114.21mph Standard CA18DET + T70
jey_253

Post by jey_253 »

what k-value and latency r u running. i resized my injectors and still had to turn the k value down and latency is hard to get right
Fusion Ed

Post by Fusion Ed »

After a while you'll get it right. You can spend forever trying to get it perfect.
21FOX21

Post by 21FOX21 »

I'm running 1200cc on mine. It just takes alittle time.
Crusherbait

Re: Injector Capatability

Post by Crusherbait »

Hi Folks-

I know this thread will be three years old soon, but I kind of wanted to see if we could get some updated info with this question in general. In my case, I wanted to run some FIC 850's. After looking at some fuel injector calculators again, I've decided that FIC 950's would be a better choice. So I have a couple of questions to go with this post. My target goal is 450whp using E-85 and a base pressure of 43.5psi at 80% duty cycle.

Is latency just latency? Meaning that can you have two different sized injectors, lets say 550's and then 950's and if the latency is close to the same they will be able to tune, idle and cruise in similar fashion? What's the largest low resistance fuel injector anybody has run with a good idle and cruise using the type 1 board with two injector drivers?

Thanks everyone for any help.

John
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

720cc msd's
Crusherbait

Post by Crusherbait »

Thanks Bernardd.

Any chance you tell me what base fuel pressure and latency you're running with those injectors using nistune? Are you using a rising rate fuel pressure regulator? Have you tried any larger injectors?

After looking at the page below it seems like the FIC 850's maybe easier to tune with and still reach my goal at 90% duty cycle without dealing with the headache of the 950 latency. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
John

http://injector-rehab.com/shop/lag.html
Bernardd

Post by Bernardd »

I'm not positive but I think it was 43psi and I cannot remember the exact lagtime.

EDIT: I looked at the link you provided and I think it was close to the value stated for the msd 750's at 12vdc. We were having issues with the alternator; 12vdc at the ecu.
Croustibat

Post by Croustibat »

Streetbike has run some 1600s for some time. But when latency is high, it becomes a pain to map.

Also, note that running e85 requires new fuel lines. The same streetbike searched for a lot of time why he had problems with fueling ... its fuel lines were collapsing on themselves.

It is not that much happening with smaller injectors (like 500-600cc), but it shows clearly with big ones, when going from sequential to full group.

450HP with e85 and 950cc at 80% duty might be achievable, but i wont be surprised if the duty is more like 90%.