Tuned ROM images here!

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Waz

Re: Tuned ROM images here!

Post by Waz »

:?
Last edited by Waz on Thu Sep 09, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I think you can get more out of that setup...
be carefull with the AFR's... that lean spot t around 5250rpm might give you a bit of trouble and detonation...

the timing map seems too conservative ... though the torque result is pretty good...
how's the driveability of the car?

congrats
Buddyworm

Post by Buddyworm »

Here's one:

CA18DET
TD05-14B @ 1bar
N60 MAF
450cc DSM injectors
HKS 256 cams
Type-M FMIC

Fuel/Timing maps and Fuel/Ignition load curves from scratch
O2 sensor disabled (although I don't actually know what AFR's my car idle's at with this setting, AEM is broken, but it's easy enough to reverse)

(Cindy is the car's name.)
Attachments
Cindy_Current.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Here is my S13 CA18DET setup:

- Nissan 200SX S13 (EURO) 44F07 ECU, no-catalyzer version
- N60 MAF (max 300hp, Maxima v6, RB20, etc.)
- K&N 4" Intake
- Toyosports 3" full exhaust
- Toyosports 27x7" FMIC with 2,5" piping
- Stock 370cc injectors at 43.5 PSI base pressure (Fse Sytec 1:1 fuel pressure regulator)
- Stock T25 turbo at 14.5 PSI (Greddy Profec B-Spec II boost controller)
- Walbro 255 fuel pump
- 98 RON fuel

And the tuned ROM:

- afr & timing adjusted of course
- rescaled RPM & load
- MAF conversion (K costant adjusted)
- increased rev & speed limits.
- increased boost cut avoid using more than 90% injector duty
- adjusted again K & latency to suit stock injectors and match AFR's (yep they come very wrongly configured)

**** I re-uploaded my tune now that it is fully road tested :) ****
Attachments
S13_CA18DET_KeRNeL_v1.55.bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 477 times
Last edited by _KeRNeL_ on Fri May 06, 2011 7:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

so how did you did this tune ?
using some emulator and a rom editor or it is just some work done on the sofa ?
don't get me wrong hehe
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

It is completely "sofa" work. I'm still a newbie with this software, although I know the theory about tuning (many many reading nights). I don't even know how to use the emulator yet.

basically, I took the ca18det base map and spent some time rescaling, adjusting, copying other car's map bits until I made this "frankestein" hehehe. If you look in the timing table at the 83 TP load column on the stock map (the top right column) and my 86 resized colum (about the middle of tuned map) you'll se the values are almost the same. then, I just completed the map for further load until like 125 TP with some basic rules which I have to depurate (like -2º for each PSI and so). Of course I will have to do lots of adjustments when actually running it as it's imposible to know in which cell the maf will stay at each boost level..

is it too wrong??? I was hoping to be able to burn it into my car soon, but any pre-warning is welcome!!!!
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

I'd imagine that running the tune would be a pre-requisite before posting it up here. I wouldn't post a tune i hadn't run on my own car and verified.
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

CoZZm0 wrote:I'd imagine that running the tune would be a pre-requisite before posting it up here. I wouldn't post a tune i hadn't run on my own car and verified.
didn't see that if it's the case. anyway, i just edited my post and specified that the ROM is not tested. I will run it soon so then I will come back and post.

thanks for the advice ;)
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

I see you're still using the stock turbo and injectors...
if I were you I would stick the stock AFM in place and work from scratch after having the board fitted so you can get the hang of it and notice what changes change what.
plus, the stock afm and injectors will max out pretty much at the same time, and the stock turbo will run 1bar (15psi) but will run out of puff at high revs. (this is only a reminder, I'm sure you know it or at least have read it before :) )
anyway, that should be an interesting setup, so I'm quite curious on what results you will achieve :) so get working on it :mrgreen:
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Well,

it's been long time since I last posted here. now that I finished my car (several intake valves were worn), I finished my tune and I re-uploaded the file in my previous post :)
Last edited by _KeRNeL_ on Fri May 06, 2011 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

looks like an interesting tune.
have you tried it yet ?
I still don't quite understand why would you upgrade the maf and leave the stock injectors but, that's up to you really...
perhaps you want to improve the airflow of the intake...

how does the car behave while running ? does it pull well across the rev range?
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

yes! i've done few hundreds of miles with this tune and few tweaks have been needed.it pulls really hard from very early (1bar at 2500rpm) and very constant until 7k rpm where turbo drops to 0.8bar. I have easily beaten some barely stock s14's so i guess its making about 220bhp

The maf upgrade was necessary as the stock one was already maxed out without the boost controller,only by the exhaust!plus,the engine breathes much better now... 1.75" vs 3" intake! And thats not all,n60 maf works faster and more precisely ...definately the best mod you can get for 35$ ! Hehe

Btw,stock injectors aren nowhere even close to be maxed out,think they are now working at 43psi instead of 36,and 370's are good for stage 1a chips on s14s with 280hp.. Im not yet working at 80% duty

Im just thinking of going few more degrees in advance,i have no knock and i feel there is still something more to get
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

_KeRNeL_ wrote:
The maf upgrade was necessary as the stock one was already maxed out without the boost controller,only by the exhaust!
We have seen this on all EDM S13 we log, S13 CA18DET AFM is relict from S12 which made cca. 130 PS so for any tuning this AFM is practically uselless.
boostedbb

Post by boostedbb »

has any one got a tuned rom for vl turbo rb30et with 440cc injectors z32afm i have hiflow turbo and 15psi if it makes a differance
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

email me for mine...