Flex fuel z31 questions

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

300zxturboftw

Flex fuel z31 questions

Post by 300zxturboftw »

So apparently nistune supports flex fuel for the z31, correct?. I'd love to add it on but I'm worried about injector control with 1000 cc+ injectors.

Has anyone used nistune with e85 and what size injectors were you using and how much power? Also just to be spoon fed all I need is the flex fuel board, e85 flex fuel sensor to run it and no additional software is necessary? Looking to make 600-650 rwhp on e85, so I'm assuming I'll need at least 1400 cc injectors.

Would love some feedback if this is doable.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Flex fuel z31 questions

Post by Matt »

Yes. Your board must have 26P0F firmware to support E85. If not then it needs to be removed and reflashed

We do not recommend over 1000CC injectors for this ECU (twin batch injection only, and you will need to shift the batch switchover points with larger injectors)

That much power I would suggest aftermarket due to limitations with the MAF sensor and ignition output (single coil) and associated scatter
300zxturboftw

Post by 300zxturboftw »

Thanks for the quick response Matt.

I can check the firmware on the board through nistune once consult connected, right? What would be a dead giveaway that I don't have the right firmware installed? My board is from 2010, so I have a feeling the firmware is outdated. I would most likely need to find someone with the base image programming board if not.

Also could you elaborate on on shifting the batch switchover points? What do I need to do for that? I believe my car is still wired with the recall for the twin batch firing.

Lastly, list of parts I would need would be:
GM Flex Sensor Part # 13577379 (can other flex fuel sensors be used or Nistune is only set up for this one)
Feature Pack Firmware Upgrade (I won't need this if i find a local place with a reprogrammer, correct?)
Nistune Flex Fuel Conversion Kit
I do not need consult cable, correct as this is how I'm already connecting to Nistune ECU via laptop?

Do people have issues with the return line being bottle necked with these things since they look only to be 6AN? Currently running an 8AN return. And also do people make these sensors with AN fittings or you have to use the old fashioned fuel hose and clamps.

Even if I can keep it to 500-550 RWHP with 1000 cc injectors I will be happier with a flex fuel set up to be safer running on higher octane with these cars, but would obviously want to put 1200 CC injectors in the car and run on Nistune.

I'm running a PMS N1 MAF w/ Stock coil
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Please read:
https://www.nistune.com/docs/Nistune%20 ... 20Pack.pdf

FP was implmented around 2015

Batch switch over points only in new firmware. Lower them based on injector size. Eg 1000CC (about 4x) would make these values 1/4 of existing numbers. This is the point where it switches from sequential to full batch injection

Any GM flex sensor with 50-150Hz output can be used, plus conversion kit or Zeitronix ECA-2 . I just use hose clamps, but that is a mechanical question. These ECUs dont use a consult cable