Feature pack update. Now it wont start...?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Dustin792

Feature pack update. Now it wont start...?

Post by Dustin792 »

Just recently updated my CA18DET nistune type 1 ECU to the new feature pack, I had the vehicle running with a high idle prior to getting the ECU updated to the FP. After that i flashed the ECU with the same ROM and now it will not start. Am i missing something? Do i need to make a change to the ROM because of the new FP? anyone have any recommendations. Turns over and i can get it to start, just will not run for more then a second. Thanks

SPECS
CA18DET 36F0F
nistune type 1 board FP
800cc INJ
T28bb
unleaded fuel
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Feature pack update. Now it wont start...?

Post by Matt »

Reload the 36F0F file from the ROM pack, then Import your current tune, then upload and try out again

The FP firmware itself wont change the tune. However if the TIM parameter (default 512) got messed up with loading in the older file then that might have caused the issue?
Dustin792

Post by Dustin792 »

thanks for the help , after multiple tries and persistence I did get this to work. I remember reading something about this in the feature pack V1 documentation. Anyhow something is wrong with nistune. I received multiple error messages when importing my standard map over the FP map, not sure why, but it wasn't allowing me to import it at first so I would either have to restart my computer or nistune and try again until it wouldn't give an error message. Also every time I would attempt to load the imported map over the FP map it would ask which parameters I wanted to load, that's fine but they would be different almost every time, thought that was odd. (using 1.2.81)

Anyways I was able to get it to work, swapped a another TPS I had laying around which has dropped my high idle, have TPS set at .48v but as the engine warms TPS idle light stops working and TPS volt goes up. Also TPS never reaches 5V with throttle pressed. thinking I need a new TPS, wiring harness is brand new.
NIStune_2018-04-07_1003_55.csv
(42.42 KiB) Downloaded 91 times
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Without error message details, I cannot really assist. At a guess its sounds like you dont have both ROM packs (normal and FP) installed correctly when you had downloaded and saved your old tune. What this means is you only saved some of the maps (not a whole tune file) previously

Now its complaining that the BIN file is empty (apart from a selection of maps) and reporting 'synced' file problems

You may have to just File > Import maps instead and tick the ones you need since the file is messed up

TPS idle not sure about. Refer to factory sevice manual maybe for that one. It will not normally reach 5V on full throttle, maybe 4.5V max. Do you have a TPS switch as well as TPS variable input on CA18DET?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes looking at log, think there is a problem with the 'TPS switch' input
Dustin792

Post by Dustin792 »

Will most likely try to reinstall nistune and both rom packs. As far as I understand the TPS has a variable input as well as an idle switch. So as of right now, with the engine off and nistune consult plugged in I get a TPS idle red light(pedal depressed) within nistune, with the engine running(cold) I get no light and with the engine warm I get a light and it seems to be working fine. also WOT I get 4.18v (that was with the engine off). So not sure what to think of the TPS.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is just wierd... not sure what is going on there?
Dustin792

Post by Dustin792 »

is there any reason why nistune would turn the TPS idle switch off? maybe while its at idle warm up or maybe compensating for idle while warming up?
just weird it seems that all the parameters are fine with the TPS, just something wrong with the either the communication between TPS and nistune or nistune is turning it off for some reason. or just a bad glitchy TPS...
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Nistune firmware in the board only allows reading the firmware contents and updating of maps. It does not change any of the factory Nissan TPS operation. Unless the firmware in the board was corrupted, it should work the same as factory

Only if I had the ECU/board here in the bench could I then properly check its operation (isolating any potential wiring issue etc)