Early rb20det+z32 maf TP issues

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

niall

Early rb20det+z32 maf TP issues

Post by niall »

I am coming back to this after 4 years so I'm a little rusty. I haven read back through the user manual though so I don't think I am missing anything that obvious.

The issue I'm having is with TP. At first it was too high so although I was able to tune to load parts and it ran well. The idle was extremely rich. Impossibly to lean it out.

So I loaded in a rb20 base map and changed the maf selection to z32. Immediately the idle was perfect. 14.7 afr matching the map. But now it's super lean with any throttle input

I have confirmed the maf is genuine and good working order. The voltage increases steadily. But it's as if the voltage increase doesn't correlate to a big enough change in TP

thanks in advance
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Early rb20det+z32 maf TP issues

Post by Matt »

So I loaded in a rb20 base map and changed the maf selection to z32. Immediately the idle was perfect. 14.7 afr matching the map. But now it's super lean with any throttle input
However we are not concerned with idle when trying to determine if base settings are 'correct'

Make sure that when you have vehicle at cruise conditions (say 2000rpm, light load around 2V MAF voltage) that AFRs are still 14.7:1 and near 0% STFT/LTFT fuel trims

If you have it good here, then rest should be fine

Over four years ago, will be no feature pack so only use K to adjust the fuel amounts and then rescale load for fuel/timing so that cursor operates within range of adjusted scales