z31 slc pp2 communications timeout

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

sharpen047

z31 slc pp2 communications timeout

Post by sharpen047 »

I have my 86 300zxt running with a new engine and 420cc injectors and its been running well for a while but the time has come to smog my car. Long story short, my wideband connects and shows the AFR then disconnects after 10 seconds or so and gives me the error "wb1: Communications timeout"
its an slcpp2. nistune and the slc program are up to date. Doubt its a driver issue because it shows the reading.
Any help would be great thanks.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: z31 slc pp2 communications timeout

Post by Matt »

Does it timeout with the SLC program, or only Nistune?

I use the PP in my S14 and notice intermittent disconnects (requires unplugging/replugging the USB cable with vehicle off to get it going again). I think it is similar to the consult comms issues, where too much electrical noise causes it to 'hang up'. Make sure it has good grounding
sharpen047

Post by sharpen047 »

i noticed that when i have the o2 heater powered on, my stereo has a loud alternator whine. maybe ill try adding a capacitor. its grounded to the seat bolt so i dont think the ground is the issue, but maybe the positive has some noise from the distribution block. Thanks! i will keep you posted. Will probably work on it this weekend
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ground to the ECU ground, rather than chassis ground. Whiting in the radio means there is a noise issue. Make sure your ignition circuit has the noise suppressing capacitor fitted