Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

kallador

tuning an ca18det with fun.

Post by kallador »

I am currently tuning a ca18det in my Nissan 1987 S12

Bits about it,
Tomei Poncams
T3/T4 turbo with divorce dump wastegate & a spring to support 16lb of boost (running currently at 16lb of boost)
LC-2 wideband and with the o2 sensor disconnected.
Walbro 255 lph
Stock injectors
N62 Z32 MAF,

Question #1) nistune software tends to freeze up the connection to the ecu with the wideband connected, not sure why but I have to remove the usb and reinstall the usb and reconnect, not sure if that is laptop issue or is that a bug in the system?

Question #2) Looking for someone review the bin I have posted, it seems to be solid working from there but I would like to have some input or any suggestions to possibly improve it some? I can't seem to keep it in the wideband area of 14, as it keeps wanting to stay in 10 - 11 at idle and at WOT.

Question #3) The Autotune I was playing around with, how long does it need to be running typically to get a rough and a solid tune? There is not much info on the autotune near the bottom TPS Decel Cut, RPM Decel Cut should I even be messing with these as well?

Question #4) When I start the program, I get an error message with Aux1.cvs etc... Posted that error in the attachments as well.

Thanks any help is much appreciated.
Attachments
nistune-error1.PNG
Nistune error on startup
(46.36 KiB) Downloaded 2431 times
NIStune_2015-05-06_1942_33.csv
log file taken today in stream mode
(47.39 KiB) Downloaded 93 times
new-05-06-2015.bin
latest config.
(16 KiB) Downloaded 94 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: tuning an ca18det with fun.

Post by Matt »

Question #1) nistune software tends to freeze up the connection to the ecu with the wideband connected, not sure why but I have to remove the usb and reinstall the usb and reconnect, not sure if that is laptop issue or is that a bug in the system?
It is an issue with the Innovate DLL (which we hook into). When you connect it makes a call to InnovateMTS and it freezes everything up until it has connected. Not much I can do about it unfortunately since its their software which freezes it up
Question #3) The Autotune I was playing around with, how long does it need to be running typically to get a rough and a solid tune? There is not much info on the autotune near the bottom TPS Decel Cut, RPM Decel Cut should I even be messing with these as well?
Use the auto tune once everything else it working okay. It needs to be exercised in the areas you have set, and then it will adjust your fuel map

TPS decel cut is used to not auto tune when you go off the accelerator, or below a certain RPM limit. Typically the vehicle goes lean in those conditions, so you dont want the software adding a bunch of fuel when you are decelerationg
Question #4) When I start the program, I get an error message with Aux1.cvs etc... Posted that error in the attachments as well.
Fix your wideband location path
C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Nistune\Wideband\Innovate

Currently it is pointing at the parent directory
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Decrease K constant in your tune if its too rich. Then you can readjust your fuel map
kallador

Post by kallador »

Thanks Matt,

I get it now, I will play with it some more later on.
kallador

Post by kallador »

fix the aux thing I didn't realize that it need to be direct with the wideband folder until it was mentioned above.

lowering the kconst was not doing anything in this case, but oddly enough if I use the autotuner and select VQ map adjust, it goes through and start matching everything to the map in that case it does a cycle of 500 rpm to 2k and does this continuously and doing so places my rev limit to 2k and then it cuts off. I am suspecting the problem might be with the N62 maf settings?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Now I'm getting confused. K constant updates should say 'uploading' when making changes (bottom of screen) and watch your consult 'Injection time' gauge for it making updates
kallador

Post by kallador »

Yeah, that is also where I am confused it doesn't quiet show that in essence.

When I lower the KConst, doesn't quiet show uploading. Like example that bin I posted will show kconst at 450, I lowered it by increments of 5 till I was down to 320 (little extreme) shows no change to the system, no fuel changes, no change at all, AFR shows at 10.4. But when I hit 319 it does a spike to 2k then stall.

I am wondering if the LC-2 is causing issues with my updates, I will have to try it with out the Innovate WB connected to the laptop.
kallador

Post by kallador »

Disregard, I discovered a new vacuum leak that was causing a lot of problems now I am able to tune just fine.