Z31 ECU Power staying on?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Jason84NA2T

Z31 ECU Power staying on?

Post by Jason84NA2T »

The other day, my Nistune'd 88T ECU stayed powered after I had turned off the ignition. I could tell because the consult connection was still active and the LED's still flashing on the ECU. Is there a known reason for this behavior? I've never known the ECU to stay on after turning off the ignition in any of my numerous Z31's over the years.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Z31 ECU Power staying on?

Post by Matt »

Hey Jason, long time no hear!

The problem is similar to other issues I've seen with various Nissan ECUs, the ignition signal is being held high due to the diode being fried. This holds up the ECCS relay output which then powers on the ECU and rest of the electrics in the engine bay

Pin 34 is the ignition signal which goes in. You would need to trace that track to the diode (unfortunately the track is under the black plug so I cant see it here)

The other thing which could happen is the driver transistor to pin 6 (ECCS relay) is stuck low. Unlikely but other option. The ECU itself has an issue
FlawleZ

Re: Z31 ECU Power staying on?

Post by FlawleZ »

Jason good to see you here again.

Do you know how long exactly the board remained powered on? I believe mine has similar behavior but the power cuts out after a few seconds. I'll try to check this weekend on mine.