erratic signals rb30

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

cmsperformance

erratic signals rb30

Post by cmsperformance »

first Nistune, and i'm already stuck :oops:

Just fitted a type 1 board to manual RB30 R31 ecu. Car starts and runs fine, checked the consult gauges and they are going crazy even with the car off.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube showing what is happening:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rstLpJaj4o

This has also made the tracing unusable because apparently the engine is running at 9 million rpm

any ideas?

This post seemed to be related?
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2562
Matt
Site Admin

Re: erratic signals rb30

Post by Matt »

I dare say you are right in that it is related to the problem in the previous thread

Check the tracks going from the 28 pin socket you installed (and the 24 pin chip removed next to it) going to the 24 pin RAM chip (NEC) as I think one of those has a track cut. It's causing the RAM to go nuts and messing up everything
cmsperformance

Post by cmsperformance »

Got it sorted the following day, but should probably update this thread for any one else looking.

The board had already been modified back in the day to take one of your Darkhalf chips, remembered i had it in the shed so just used it for the nistune.
Looking closer at the board, one of the tracks was stuffed, no idea what was going on there but you can see its pretty much missing.

Being that the 24pin chip is not there any more, i just bypassed it altogether, straight over to the NEC Ram chip.

Works a charm :mrgreen:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yeah the ECU needs those tracks!