new problem:o2 readings

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: new problem:o2 readings

Post by Matt »

Perhaps. I dont have that particular ECU code here. It would not make sense this was working at one point in time, but is not working now

The ECU code reads the HD46510 chip, register #03 for the O2 voltage. This is showing no voltage. We are looking at the ECU internal memory before the Nistune software even processes it
midian

Post by midian »

thanks for an answer, Matt.
I want not to solder spare one (keep it as stock J part).
actually, as I posted before -readings suddenly gone one day. I thought it's sensor blowed, it was 2 years ago, before my engine gone, and that time I hadn't p/n of spare, so, didn't check it and even didn't make overall fsm test.
well, will try to find used 88-89 (easier to sold), and inform you.
on last info-I newer meant you gonna sell totally green (untested) product ;-)

btw, main difference in at/mt ecus for type 1/2 in at feedback switch? (maps also a little different, but anyway-main difference)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes feedback switch and maps are different. I haven't examined the close that closely otherwise for comparisons
midian

Post by midian »

hi Matt!
got another ecu.
same o2 issue:
-feedback switch turned on,
-no errors,
-ecu flashing (as it should according to fsm),
still no o2 readings.

can remind-readings absence started 2 or 3 years ago, after software update.
midian

Post by midian »

as suggest -could it be address mismatch?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Address files just tell Nistune what to display in the software (they contain locations of where maps are in the ECU)

O2 sensor when enabled and in closed loop mode should result in O2 voltage oscillation

Try rev @ 2000rpm and check O2 voltage. Does it move or just stay 'stuck'

If you measure the O2 sensor voltage using a multimeter, what is the value doing the same tests?

Also please post BIN file and LOG file showing issue and I can check it
midian

Post by midian »

sorry on delay-was a bit busy at work and house deals, will do this weekend all (bin isn't a problem), also try to make a test with bypass wire (e.g. directly from sensor to ecu, probably resistanse of an old one is high),
also, as I mentioned -ecu flashes at 2000rpm, but probably due high resistanse of wire it can't process voltage.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With diag pot removed the ECU will be in diagnostic mode (flashing fault codes)

If the wires to diag pot are put together then it will flash LEDs based on mixture trims (green = lean, red = rich)
midian

Post by midian »

4 years passed, problem solved 1 month ago.
Roman from Washington state, Z32 tuner, mentioned, that he met same situation, caused by improper base rom image writing.
so...
removed->jumper soldered->new base rom image (used 1987 EUDM, cause according to experience - closest to JDM VG) written->jumper removed->installed->02 sensor readings returned.
p.s. yes, I ordered base image programmer, when sent my board for restoration.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay so mismatched base image to ECU hardware? What part number was on there? What are you using now?

Normally we use 26P0F/26P1F for Z31 FP for USDM models.

EDM models do not have an accessible part number lookup, but 1987 models are 21Pxx for turbo in our ROM pack
midian

Post by midian »

it was 26p00,and was marked as 26p00.
i'll check which one within a week (laptop broken down) I use now,but adr file for eudm is the only in rom/adr package,for 87.
actually,newerthless it is 89 ecu, board type is similar to late eudm and 87 usdm,e.g. without soldering pins on board.
actually,I think it's just preprogramming issue, which could happen due large amount of boards reprogramming.
anyway,I think such info, probably, should be added into problems/solutions part.

p.s.also,as I mentioned in post on 2nd page(Wed Jun 17, 2015 2:41 am),back in 2010(or 2011,I don't remember exactly when I ordered board) readings were present,only after I got back my repaired board this case started.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay I would be interested to know exact part numbers so I can compare them (whatever was in your board 2010, and assume is the same ROM image now?)
midian

Post by midian »

Hi, Matt
Sorry on delay.
can you mention more correcly (a bit braking) what p/n s you need=) if I can check it w/out installing on a base image programmer.

also, preparing to vg30de swap, want to ask one more question.
I found at web (nistune.com also) that r33 and z32 ecus have almost same pinouts.
well, cause want to continue running some dash options have a question: r33 has Ti (injection pulse) monitor at #17. Z32 doesn't use #17, cause absent on connector, but probably has on ecu-bouards itself, so, do you have any info if z32 ecu has such option?
found this:
Matt wrote: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:13 pm Will add to the list

btw R31s have a trip computer which already does this for you!

It also uses the amonut of fuel left in tank to tell you how many KMs remaining

(there is an injection PW output wire from our ECUs which do this. Unfortuantely I dont know the RAM address yet for injection for R31/Z31 but do for S13 CA18)
Matt wrote: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:28 am R31 has this wire too... i installed a trip computer from a Ti model into mine to use it. works well

Its on the ever expanding list!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

What is the part number on your ECU LID? Should look like: A18-xxxx xxx?

Sorry I don't have any info on if the Z32 ECU has that circuitry. I can see there is a track to that pin (#17) on the ECU. Okay I've just hooked up an ECU since I got curious about this

It appears to have a valid pulse which varies based on injection time (varies with MAF and RPM) so you may be able to use this :P
midian

Post by midian »

Matt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 am What is the part number on your ECU LID? Should look like: A18-xxxx xxx?
understood,will do within week.
Matt wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:43 am
Sorry I don't have any info on if the Z32 ECU has that circuitry. I can see there is a track to that pin (#17) on the ECU. Okay I've just hooked up an ECU since I got curious about this

It appears to have a valid pulse which varies based on injection time (varies with MAF and RPM) so you may be able to use this :P
awesome!!! Thanks!