Idle/decel timing vs rpm does not work ?

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Croustibat

Idle/decel timing vs rpm does not work ?

Post by Croustibat »

Hi there,
i was investigating why my timing was jumping during load replay (CA18DET), and i found it went out of the timing map definition when the tps switch is closed.

After reading the instructions (and the mouse hint) i understood it is supposed to use the idle/Deceleration Timing vs rpm map.

But it does not; my timing read 22° at 2675 rpm in the replay, which is way below the approx 40 the regular timing map uses, and also way below the idle/decel timing table which should alo be around 40.

Any idea ?

I have another timing issue where my timing is pulled to a lower value than timing and knock timing map during boost. The map says it shoud be aroud 30, yet it goes around 5° lower.

I am still using an unupdated board, it should be updated sometimes next week (i hope my tuner has a base programmer)

edit: this pulled timing problem shows here:

It gets pulled to 26 while it should be 29 or 30; then it raises. I have no knock board and using e85.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Idle/decel timing vs rpm does not work ?

Post by Matt »

Was it highlighting main or knock timing maps? Can you post log and BIN file to repeat playback here?

Feature pack removes the knock maps (still retards knock, but does not switch maps)
Croustibat

Post by Croustibat »

I copied the main fuel and timing map over the knock map, and the knock map is not lit either.

That 3-5° pull happens a bit everywhere. I'll upload the log & bin later today . I never had any knock problem.

Also i think my gearbox neutral switch is broken, as it never pops on in the panel. May this be related to the first problem ?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Yes definitely the neutral switch is related to the issue. I found this on a customers CA18DET several weeks ago. Try fixing that up firstly
STATUS

Post by STATUS »

fit a S14 ecu, best upgrade (plugs in few wire swaps) you could ever do, the neutral switch is the reason the other timing maps are playing up.
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

STATUS wrote:fit a S14 ecu, best upgrade (plugs in few wire swaps) you could ever do, the neutral switch is the reason the other timing maps are playing up.
totally agree with this advice on s14 ECU heavily modified CA is working better then stock CA18
Croustibat

Post by Croustibat »

I am not changing ECU, the CA is the oem engine in my car ans S14 are hard to find here. It would cost more than going standalone.

We updated the nistune board with a FP code. A lot of good things happened, it looks like some of my values were not in the correct place- i did not upgrade the address files for a while. Also I was using a 44F base image on a 39F ecu (switched ecus a while back). The update cured some problems i had. We also set the TPS correctly, which cured the jump i had while being at very low part throttle.

So the next step is investigating the neutral switch problem. I will update when i get some results. Thanks, and good job with the launch control feature :wink:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Thanks! Good to see it getting CA18 FP put to good use. Yes the feature pack definitely helps with the ecu switching between main/knock maps on subsequent start up

Once you fix the neutral switch operation then it should come good again

We did the opposite, using a CA18DET ECU to run my S14A SR20DET!! Came up a treat. Still to upload pics etc on facebook. Seemed to pull nicer than the original ECU at top end due to the way it batches its injector drivers it seems
Croustibat

Post by Croustibat »

I think going batch mode only due to lack of cpu ressources. I wonder if i could find a faster MCU, pin to pin compatible with the 6802 ... this should help in the high revs zone :mrgreen:
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

6303 Processor is still able to work (process interrupts) all the way upto 8000rpm so I don't think its that