87 z31 turbo tuner

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

TurboZcaR

87 z31 turbo tuner

Post by TurboZcaR »

I need someone that is familiar with using this program to either help me tune or tune my car for me, I will gladly pay you for your time. Any help is greatley appreciated. I am located in San Diego CA. If anyone know anybody that can tune using Nistune that would be a great help too.
Thanks,
Alex.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: 87 z31 turbo tuner

Post by Matt »

Have you tried any shops around the area who can use your laptop and assist?

I've seen your other posting about wanting the tune. No one will have anything that specific (listing too many specs can be a bad thing since it deters other people with slightly different setups)

The main things are stock Z31 MAF, 450CC injectors, HX35 turbo on 7.8:1 compression

Make sure your fuel pressure is set correctly since your FPR is adjustable. Your initial K value (inj multiplier) should be around the 350 mark for 260CC > 450CC injectors and may need some adjusting whilst running factory VG30ET fuel maps until it is tuned properly for the turbo

If the compression ratio is modified then timing will need adjusting to compensate

Would advise starting again with the factory maps from the ROM pack, then adjusting the injection time and tweaking K (latency also) and see if it runs any better. Once you have done that then get it on a dyno at a workshop who is able to assist you to adjust fuel and timing maps. TP scales may need rescaling if TP load exceeds maximum column values on the fuel/timing map scalings