ca18det pulling timing

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

cadet18

ca18det pulling timing

Post by cadet18 »

So i have an s13 with the ca in it mods are 800cc deatschwerks inj nismo fpr walbro 255 fuel pressure set to fsm. 2860rs .64, fmic 3' exh, nistune on the ca18de NOT the ca18det the ecu is a 35f11. tuned by a guy who knows what he is doing. the problem were running into is that while trying to accelerate where we have it set to give 27 ish degrees timing (for ex it does this throughout the rev range) you can watch the timing go from 20ish to negative 2 or lower and bounce fast and erratically back and forth, the boost gauge does the same thing. the whole car bucks. the only thing that makes sense to me that would cause the timing craziness would be the cam position sensor or the computer. the knock sensor has been bypassed tps voltage is correct and the cooloant temp sensor has been changed. the car idles perfectly. i have already ordered the cam position sensor but im not 100% sure if that is the problem. hopefully someone here will have some more insight on this. could it be an issue with the de ecu running a det engine(even though it has nistune)?

attached bin and log
Attachments
2012 apr 4_2012-09-16_2235_53.csv
timing pull log
(145.3 KiB) Downloaded 160 times
wth-scaling.bin
rough tune bin
(16 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
TM_S13

Re: ca18det pulling timing

Post by TM_S13 »

What have you done to bypass the knock sensor ?
Have you removed the suspect CAS and inspected if the splines are good both on the CAS and on the camshaft? Does both of them have the D shaped bit that forces the fitting position?

Also, what turbo are you using?
cadet18

Re: ca18det pulling timing

Post by cadet18 »

i wired in a 503kohm resistor to bypass the knock sensor and i an running a gt2860rs .64ar. i have found that the .bin that the local tuner had made here didnt agree for some reason. i switched maps and it runs better now. its not running right but its driveable i think. its still on jackstands for right now. sorry for the late reply i didnt know anyone responded here. i am having issues getting a proper .bin to get me to an authorized nistune tuner. and also yes i check the cas and they were both there i even swapped them both out. thanks for the reply maybe this will lead me somewhere.