Extremely rich under boost

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Extremely rich under boost

Post by Matt »

Im interested to know if there is some ongoing electrical issue which caused your first ECU to crap itself and may be related to the second ECU

So far you have isolated the board from the equation (I thinking burning to ROM wont make much difference but you can still try it)
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Just looking at the initial tune you posted

I can see the points in the logs where the injection time is going to 20-21ms and same time AFRs 9-10

I would suggest making all three fuel maps (fuel main, knock, gear) the same values to assist with consistency. The ECU may be switching to knock maps or even using that gear map
nffdasilva

Post by nffdasilva »

i just fast read the topic,
dont you have a leak between the turbo and the intake?

the same thing happened to me and was a leak.
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

kaptainkool wrote:It does indeed appear to be jumping to the knock maps. I don't have the logs on hand but it doesn't get as rich now. Thanks for cleaning up the fuel maps they were pretty bad. Unfortunately a whole other problem as re-developed again and its left me completely demoralized. My car is eating ECU's it seems like. My last nistune'd ecu worked well for a month or so until it developed an inconsistent A/F under low load. It eventually lost it's ability to maintain idle (was idling really high). The whole time nistune wasn't showing anything to explain these behaviors. I've replaced the TPS/TVS (re-calibrated), the temp sensor, and the MAF (another stock, then the N62) no change. I then replaced the ECU and all the problems went away (same nistune module, same tune). I ditched the tune and went with this current Frankenstein one. Very recently my ecu stopped cold enriching on cold starts and now warm/cold idles at either 14:1 or 16-17:1. I must be missing something stupid but I really can't figure it out.
If your car is eating ECU's .. CHECK ALL EARTH CONNECTIONS ASAP. any bad earth can have a starter motor seek GND to Battery through anything electrically connected. Engine to body, Body to battery, ECU/Engine Wiring Loom Earthed to same point as Body/Battery earth. remove them, grind them,make the bolts shine, use proper earthing (sharp annoying star type) washers.