Cant get car to idle.

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

akurtzer57

Cant get car to idle.

Post by akurtzer57 »

Ok so i have my map loaded. Correct address file/bin file. Changed my Injectors and Maf. Start car I have to have my foot slightly on throttle to keep it running at 1000rpms. Checked for vac leaks, tps is calibrated and working. Not throwing any codes. Once and awhile it will stay running without my foot on the throttle but runs at 500rpm barely idling. My afr when foot to keep at 1000rpm or so is a 13.6 lil rich but not bad enough to keep from stay running. I tried messing with Idle control but didn't see much difference. I never had problem like this one. I can load my bin file up if needed.
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Cant get car to idle.

Post by Matt »

Firstly what vehilcle/engine?

My next response to this is when did the problems start? If you have everything standard and then install Nistune then everything should be running as before. After that you then do the injectors, check it runs after adjusting and then do the MAF upgrade and once again check and finally you can tune on a good base

What happens with AFR when you let it try and idle around 800rpm? Have you adjusted K to get your AFRs better around idle? What injectors/MAF? What latency? Please put your current tune up
akurtzer57

Post by akurtzer57 »

Matt wrote:Firstly what vehilcle/engine?

My next response to this is when did the problems start? If you have everything standard and then install Nistune then everything should be running as before. After that you then do the injectors, check it runs after adjusting and then do the MAF upgrade and once again check and finally you can tune on a good base

What happens with AFR when you let it try and idle around 800rpm? Have you adjusted K to get your AFRs better around idle? What injectors/MAF? What latency? Please put your current tune up
1991 Maxima VG30E
Running z32 370cc injectors also z32 n62 maf
My factory maf went to crap so installed this z32. I am thinking its in how I changed maf or something since problems started when changed it. If I try to let idle without foot slightly on gas it dies.
Attachments
mytune.bin
(32 KiB) Downloaded 151 times
akurtzer57

Post by akurtzer57 »

anyone?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

With the tune you posted, nothing but the timing map has changed (!)

I compared against the factory J30 VG30E maxima files in Nistune and only this one map showed up different

Make sure when you make your changes you save them (and burn to ECU)

You will need to resize MAF to Z32 MAF, change injectors from stock to 370CC again. Currently you are running a close to factory tune
akurtzer57

Post by akurtzer57 »

I figured that out last night for some reason maps arnt saving. I. Trying a differenr laptop hope that works.