Running difference nistune vs burned EPROM

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

raddy

Running difference nistune vs burned EPROM

Post by raddy »

Hi all

Recently I meet with strange issue related to ca18det, MEC D0007 ECU: I made complete tune with nistune, everything spot on as it should be. After that I get my spare ECU, same MEC D0007 with EPROM socket and burned saved bin file from nistune to EPROM. I saved complete bin file from nistune, not just ECU sync, merged with standard bin file. Same bin file was used with nistune. Now, if I use socketed ECU, idle is completelly different, there is definatelly changed timing and AFR, same for light load. However, high load looks complete same as with nistune. Do yoou have any clue what can be reason of changer behaviour if nistune saved bin file is used in eprom? Thank you for your help
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Running difference nistune vs burned EPROM

Post by Matt »

Is your Nistune board showing 39F00 when you connect?

If so I suspect there may be another difference on your board compared to the BIN file you are working with

To upload the entire map area from the BIN to the Nistune board use CTRL-Q to repair that area of the board
raddy

Post by raddy »

Hello Matt

Nistune is showing 39F00 as should be. Bin file is created by Nistune ECU, then saved and burned to Eprom to use in socketed ecu, without Nistune, so there should be no difference in that way, as origin of bin file is in Nistune. Problems begin only as I used ECU with Eprom, where was bin file burned... In other words, same bin file act differently if used in Nistune compared to using in Eprom....
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

I did notice reverse "problem" if You use bin from EPROM in NIStune AFR is not same, but I'm not fan of EPROM's so never did investigate this issue.
raddy

Post by raddy »

Thanks for hint. Im also not fan of EPROM, but meet with this issue. It looks that there is really something that cause different use of same bin, probably in both ways (transfer bin from nistune and also to nistune). This is only one case for me, but would like to understand this behaviour anyway....so more hints are welcome. Thanks
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The file in the Nistune board and the EPROM file should be identical apart from the piece of patch code which handles the USB commands and allows modification to the maps

That is why I was suggesting to upload from EPROM file to Nistune board using repair option in case something else changed

Could you please email me the file you are using on EPROM and I'll compare against image here before/after loading into the board to see if any changes
raddy

Post by raddy »

Matt, sorry for my stupidity, but I dont understand crtl-Q option, can I ask you for little explanation where is this function in Nistune? But thanks for hint, I will begin with binary comparison of bin file created in Nistune with its EPROM version. If there will be difference, I will send both files to you for further checking.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Ctrl-Q does an upload to the Type 1 board of the entire data area of the ECU image (but not program code area)

The idea is that if any other undefined parameters were changed this would make them identical from BIN file to Nistune board internal data area store