Someone please help me out with my ca18det!!!

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

cadet18

Someone please help me out with my ca18det!!!

Post by cadet18 »

ive got a few issues with my ca18det in my s13. i got the engine swap with unknown injectors the guy claimed they were gtr 444s but i dont trust that and it also came with the ca18de ECU (35F11). i got my board from nistune last year and let them know it was the 35f11 so i assume whatever needs to be setup for that ecu into a det car is done right. i loaded the 36F00 map maybe thats not the right one, idk? its a jdm ca18det with the butterfly valves. i have added a gt28rs with tubular manifold, 3 inch downpipe with cat delete and 3 inch exhaust from there to the bumper. it has a fmic with hardpiping, nismo adjustable fpr, greddy type s bov (vented to atmosphere), deatschwerks 800cc low impedance injectors i will attempt to send the flow results with this email, stock coilpacks, ngk copper plugs, cp pistons, engine has been rebuilt internally other than pistons using nissan gaskets from the ground up with just over 2k miles on it, it has a walbro 255lph fuel pump, z32 fuel filter, n60 maf.

i dont even know really how to describe my problem(s)!! i cannot get it to idle within a decent range on my aem wideband it jumps all over the place. i opened the 36f00 rom from ca18det in the rom pack then selected change injectors and put 370 (old) 800 (new) i didnt mess with any of the options other than just changing injector size, i then changed the maf to the rb20, j30 maf to change the k. after doing this i tried to start the car and it ran lean unless i gave it gas to the point where it would cut off without the pedal being pressed. i looked at the latency and it was at 550us, my flow report says its .5 milliseconds at 12 volts so i changed it to 500 not much different. the flow report says <.5 millisecs for any voltage 13 and up. i set my fuel pressure to 43.5 psi by disconnecting my fpr vacuum line and then adjusting to 43.5 then reattaching the vacuum line. maybe i am setting things up wrong but i cant even drive the car the way it is. did i load the wrong map? is there something special i have to do bc the ecu is actually for the ca18de? with it set up this way it will rev to about 3000 rpms then sputter there and it wont rev any higher. i am lost man ive had the car 4 years and it has not run right for a single day since i got it. now that ive rebuilt it and gotten nistune i thought my problems were solved. its really discouraging me to where i want to just toss the whole project out the window but i cant give up on it now i know im close i just havent gotten that one thing set up right. also when im running the car with nistune connected what does it mean when something (in my case) knock timing is highlighted in a light green color? i used knock copy on both fuel and timing maps (but left to stock but knock copied). Any help to get me in the right direction would be awesome. maybe you have a bin file for this? idk what im doing wrong i cant even get it to a dyno tuner for then to look at it.
skylinegtrhr

Re: Someone please help me out with my ca18det!!!

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Is this what Louiswun post can help You? VQ map modification?

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1911
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Someone please help me out with my ca18det!!!

Post by Matt »

responded to email with same message