#1 Injector driver problem

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

SupSay Z

#1 Injector driver problem

Post by SupSay Z »

Hey guys, here is my problem. After connecting all my engine wiring back up from doing a HG replacement, I found that the #1 injector was stuck open. First I thought it was a bad injector, due to how old they are, but I moved the connector to #3 and the problem followed. I did absolutely nothing ECU related that would have caused this, only mechanical work. I have to admit, I have not played with Nistune in a looooong time, so, Im kind of lost on this at the moment. I am looking to see if anything abnormal stands out. Also, I will try to re load my tune, hoping that it was just somehow corrupted. I will provide any info that you guys think is necessary, at this point I dont think specifics are required, Im not sure. Your help is greatly appreciated guys. thanx..

alex
Matt
Site Admin

Re: #1 Injector driver problem

Post by Matt »

This is with Z32 300ZX? The injector drivers are all separate (no physical banks) so makes me think perhaps an ECU issue. There is nothing I can see which could cause the issue apart from a really strange corruption inside the board or a short on the injector #1 cable to ground holding the injector open
SupSay Z

Post by SupSay Z »

Thanx for the reply Matt. No, its on a Z31. But, I found the problem, it was my mistake. i used the air valve connector to the injector, and vise versa.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Okay in that case Z31 are two banks, yeah definitely wiring issue then
SupSay Z

Post by SupSay Z »

Problem found and all fixed. Thanx guys.