CA18DET + Z32 AFM, too high TP values

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Christian

CA18DET + Z32 AFM, too high TP values

Post by Christian »

Hey guys

I just finished a first test drive with my new Z32 AFM (still stock injectors, 444 waiting to be installed)

I used Operations -> Change MAF in Nistune and was surprised how well the car was idling and on light load.
With O2 feedback disabled I saw very close values to 1:14.7

But later I found out that TP values are much higher than with the stock AFM and I think this is not good, because everything related to TP is wrong now.
Load scales in fuel and ignition map, TPMin, TPMax (which I found out with a severe detonation)
I just hope nothing happened when the car completely bogged with full throttle. :(

Is there a way to get TP close to what it was before other than messing around with VQ map which is a nono as far as I know?

I attached the log from the detonation run, it occurred at 01:45

Thanks
Christian

******** EDIT *********
On a second thought it might also just have been load cut. Mine is set to 120 and considering that TP values are higher now maybe the ECU just shut off the injectors. The log would also look like it, because injection time is cut to 0.56ms.
*phew*
Attachments
Z32_Test2_2011-10-10_0953_53.csv
(174.83 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
TM_S13

Re: CA18DET + Z32 AFM, too high TP values

Post by TM_S13 »

that is absolutely normal...
you need to rescale the tp scales after changing the maf... as a rough guide when you change the maf the tp will rise and when you fit the injector the tp will lower a bit...

you need to see what is the maximum tp the car is hitting and rescale the scales so the map is properly accessed.
Nistune can do this for you if you tick that option when resizing the maf but the best way is if you rescale yourself... it's all in the manual, can't miss much ;)
Christian

Post by Christian »

Yes, that's what I wanted to do when I hit fuel cut :)

I asked because I thought if TP changes so much something else inside the ECU which I can't access might be out of calibration

Anyway, I'll use the method you described

Thank you
Christian
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

you can temporarily remove fuel cut so you can reach the maximum value for the tp, then rescale the tp load scales, and then re-adjust the fuel cut for something a bit higher, or leave it completely removed.