how to check if VLT firmware revision changed

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

bachig24u

how to check if VLT firmware revision changed

Post by bachig24u »

Hi Matt,
Can you advise if older VLT (3-4year) firmware needs updating or reprogramming?

had a car today that just didn't respond to 'k constant' or 'latency' changes.
just assuming it had an older nis board in it as it is fairly old.

I had 'auto' ticked but noticed no changes moving both parameters all the way to zero gradually.
I then hit 'apply', this didn't make a change, then I used 'sync' then the car stalled which is what I expected with zero multiplier and zero latency.

the adjustments also did not make TP change. The engine was warming up still, settled around the 88c mark eventually.
a temporary consult disconnect caused nis 0.10.11 to stop responding so I forced the app to end, then restarted nis, then reinserted usb type 1 to get nis to recognize it again (fixed no nistune device attached). I attached log, not sure if anything in it really but the zipped debugs might help.

KR
Sime
Attachments
NIStune_2011-08-12_1720_31.csv
(488.78 KiB) Downloaded 165 times
nistune-0812.zip
(1004.98 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Matt
Site Admin

Re: how to check if VLT firmware revision changed

Post by Matt »

Consult Version: B4903 Patch Rev: 16
That is the latest revision. Even older ones shouldnt require updating (added knock sensing functionality in the latest)

In 1628.log but do see a 2 min freeze at the end

In 17214.log I see the writes to K constant are successful (BF2B, len 02, 0186 = K value)
07:24:55.960 TX: CA 03 BF 2B 02 01 86
07:24:55.960 TX: CA 03 BF 2B 02 01 86
07:24:55.976 RX: CA 03 BF 2B 02 01 86 FF
Check for adjustment in Injection time inside Nistune to see if that changes
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

changed k and latency many times after I started consult. best part of 5 minutes trying to figure why nothing changed until a sync..

is it not realtime anymore?

the 2min freeze was me praying not all was lost.. then i bite the bullet and end program.

when i look at injection time, it hardly changes in the logs.. the log shows NB 02 sensor smashed at 1.2v (rich 2.4ms) then after trying K and latency on 'auto' adjustments then needing to sync with ecu to get them to stick the NB sensor hits a 0v all of a sudden. after a bit adjustment it finally started bouncing as it should around stoich.

I think I may need to acquire a programmer to fix/enable the knock sensor function.. when where how .. did someone say borrow?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That is realtime. Those changes were written to the board. I dont understand why the sync upload works but single byte uploads wouldnt on this particular ECU

I can send you another board through to swap over so try that one out, shoot me an email. I'll test it here first and monitor injection time on the bench before posting out
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

thanks for the offer.
Is there any reason or circumstance such a change (like k or inj latency) would be delayed in being sent to the ECU?

Would it make a difference it was a 3EA with a VLT image on the nis board?
maybe should have the Cr31 image on it?
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

That shouldnt make any difference. The ECUs are functionally identical except VLT has no fuel pump control ciruictry, and has extra knock sensor board. Neither make much difference to ROM operation