Strangest Injector Problem...

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

amreboot

Strangest Injector Problem...

Post by amreboot »

So I've upgraded my z31's to handle more boost.

I just got back my vg33 fully built with custom forged internals.
I also have five-o motorsports 1000cc injectors on a custom O-ring style fuel rail.

Heres the problem...

We all know that the z31 is a batch type firing system, bank to bank.
So it doesn't matter which connector is plugged into which fuel injectors, so long as its passenger to driver's side.

Passenger side is working perfectly.

Driver side isn't.
Driver side is cylinders 2,4, and 6.

Cylinder #4 is not firing. It gets spark, compression is 155psi.
Here is the weird thing. While running, if you unplug the fuel injector's connector from either 2 or 6, number 4 will start working. And when you plug the injector's connector back in, 4 quits firing.
I have tried swapping the connectors back and forth, but that doesn't make any difference.
I have checked resistance on all 6 injectors, all of which came out to be from 4.4 to 4.6 ohms. Number 4 was 4.5 ohms.

I can't understand what its doing this. I have contacted the manufacture and he is sending me another replacement.

Can anyone shine some light on this and help me out?

Thanks
Alex
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Strangest Injector Problem...

Post by Matt »

Experiment #1
Swap 1,3,5 with 2,4,6 and see if issue reoccurs on first set of injectors. This will check the injector driver in the ECU is okay to holding up current for three injectors

Experiment #2
Swap one of 1,3,5 for 4 and see if problem reoccurs

Its strange that only one injector (4) is affected even though resistance is good on it. So would suspect injector if 2 and 6 are not affected