O2 sensor type for Nistuned Z31 88 Turbo ECU

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

MrShiro

O2 sensor type for Nistuned Z31 88 Turbo ECU

Post by MrShiro »

This may have been covered before.
Which O2 sensor type should I use with my Nistuned Z31 88 Turbo ECU?
The stock Z31 88 turbo ecu set up used a narrow band Titania O2 sensor.
I'd really like to use a wide band if possible.
Thanks in advance.
TM_S13

Re: O2 sensor type for Nistuned Z31 88 Turbo ECU

Post by TM_S13 »

I believe that as long as the wideband kit you use has a configurable analog output you can simulate a 0-1V signal to connect to the ECU therefore making the wideband O2 sensor working as a narrowband at the same time it works as a wideband for proper AFR readings...
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

Unfortunately, due to the design of the Titania based sensors, a normal 0-1v narrowband simulated output will *not* work with your ECU. You should disable O2 feedback or retain the factory sensor in another bung on the front pipe.
MrShiro

Post by MrShiro »

I see in the software manual that there are auxillary inputs within the software available for a variety of wideband 02 sensors. Anyway to get the ECU to communicate with those? Or are those just for the computer being used to do the tuning? Sorry for all the questions, I'm new to Nistune.
CoZZm0

Post by CoZZm0 »

No, the type of sensor you have relies on resistance changes rather than voltage changes.

You can still run a wideband and interface it with nistune, you just can't use it to replace or simulate the factory narrowband sensor.
TM_S13

Post by TM_S13 »

CoZZm0 wrote:Unfortunately, due to the design of the Titania based sensors, a normal 0-1v narrowband simulated output will *not* work with your ECU. You should disable O2 feedback or retain the factory sensor in another bung on the front pipe.
oh yeah, didn't read the "titania sensor" part :S
my mistake.