wiring a z32 airflow meter to vl turbo

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

steveyjay

wiring a z32 airflow meter to vl turbo

Post by steveyjay »

hi all i have followed the steps of removing a pin and installing a zener diode on the ECU no problem as per the nistune instructions,but i have wired up the airflow meter and it is not giving a correct signal on the consult screen and comes up with a fault code,ive got the pinouts for a r31 and z32 airflow meters,but the wires are different colours on the VL from the r31,just wanted to confirm that the vl and r31 are the same airflow meters and pinouts,and exactly which colour wire on the vl goes to which pin in the z32 airflow meter?
any help would be appreciated
bachig24u

Re: wiring a z32 airflow meter to vl turbo

Post by bachig24u »

the VL/R31 MAFs are same, wires are different in colour but the same location on their respective plugs.

Did you add the resistor?
steveyjay

Post by steveyjay »

yer thats what i thought,i wired it the same as the r31 airflow meter,and i have added a resistor,it sits around .8V at idle and does not move when revved so there is obvoiusly an issue,maybe its the airflow meter itself ,i might take it to work and check it?
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

it should be around 1.4 to 1.6 volts at idle from memory. You should also see a change between engine on reds and when cranking to start. if its locked on .8 volts, are you sure the Zener is the correct orientation? It could be pegging the voltage from the MAF to its breakover voltage loss.

Sime
bachig24u

Post by bachig24u »

Have you sorted this one out?