Max TPulse width & Max TPulse 2 in CA18DET

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

louiswun

Max TPulse width & Max TPulse 2 in CA18DET

Post by louiswun »

Under what condition this two limit table affceting the injector behaviour ?
Matt
Site Admin

Re: Max TPulse width & Max TPulse 2 in CA18DET

Post by Matt »

I identified the second table after I found that there are extra conditions which it took to use it.

Lets just say from what I know so far it uses the first table majority of the time and special conditions for the second table. Make them the same values to be safe

I would need to investigate those again to double check. Put on my list to investigate again since I cant find my source code for this ECU with that parameter right now
_KeRNeL_

Post by _KeRNeL_ »

Hi guys,

I have a leaning out problem when reaching the top right cells in my afr map (until the last 2 columns its fine) and I think this problem can be totally related to these two tables, which I think, avoid leaving the injectors open for too long

I'll try to put higher values on there and check if my injectors stop cutting fuel in top end

i guess that I'm hitting some overload protection because my AFR goes progressively richer as rpm&load ups and then at some point it starts leaning very quickly, and it can't be that I maxed the injectors out as I have stock T25 and I'm aiminig for 250hp max, while the stock 370 injectors are fine for near 280hp in a SR20DET

BTW, as I found that injector duty cycle doesn't report quite well... is there a way to actually know your inj duty cycle at a moment to be sure you don't reach more than... say 90%?

sorry to mess up your thread :oops:

Cheers!

I'll let you know this afternoon :)
Last edited by _KeRNeL_ on Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

The injection duty % is calculated from injection time

The injection time when changing from sequential to batch will halve

There is no way for nistune to know when this occurs to adjust the duty % when this occurs (unless anyone has an idea that I can use) to know how to fix this

Monitor your injection time anyway when it does start to lean out and see if injection time is being pulled back (best to log and watch)
streetbike

Post by streetbike »

on ca18det fuel pressure is only 2.5bar instead of 3bar for sr20det so the 370cc are maxed out around 250-260hp.
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Old thread. TP Max 2 is actually a cranking pulsewidth table (vs temperature index)

Updated problem report. Fixed in next version
http://www.nistune.com/mantis/view.php?id=93