Nistune on rb30 vl

Nistune topics specific to the 6802 cpu

Moderator: Matt

Nackerz

Re: Nistune on rb30 vl

Post by Nackerz »

Nopes the nistune was installed by matt, the car runs fine with the nistune board but i wanted to change injectors and stuff and i can as it won't stay connected to the laptop to fine tune everything etc etc.

and whats this clip you are talking about and what is it meant to do?
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

It should reduce RF interference. Under $2. Give it a try.

I've a clients VL that won't stay connected without it too.. Helped enormously.
Nackerz

Post by Nackerz »

Yeah will give it a try for sure mate, thanks heaps for the help champ!
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

EMI Suppressor 32x19x19mm Sml

Split ring clip-on cores suit round cables
Allows for cables to be placed within or wound about before being clamped together
Assists in EMI⁄RFI suppression radiated by computer leads and in suppressing interference to phone cables and television sets from nearby transmitters.
No cutting of the cable is required to install these filters
Nickel-Zinc Ferrite A8 material
The more turns of the cable through the suppressor, the higher the series resistance is to RF interference.
External dimensions: 32 x 19.5 x 19.0mm
Suits cables up to 6.5mm diameter
Series resistance at 25MHz = 120W Min
Series resistance at 100MHz = 220W Min
Frequency range: 10MHz to 300MHz
Looks good. When I was designing the Type 1 board we became aware of this issue with a particular Dell laptop on my other R31. It would disconnect on high RPMs. Though experimentation I found that grounding the ECU chasis and laptop (via VGA port to ground) assisted with preventing any disconnection

The main problem is that on some vehicles (especially with upgraded ignition signals, poor earthing etc) that the noise via the USB cable is massvie. Looking at it with a scope there were big spikes and as the frequency of the spikes increased (ie higher RPMs) then the USB connection was no longer able to cope with the amount of noise, corrupting all the data and forcing a USB disconnection

I had a look through all the USB specifications for handling noise, and we use the required capacitors on the board, as well as capacitor betweeen USB shield and ground (on the USB socket miniboard).

In regards to using a ferite bead, it was only recommended for USB powered circuits (this one is a ECU powered circuit, no power is consumed from the laptop)
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Another thing, what type of spark plug and leads do you have fitted to your VL.??
Nackerz

Post by Nackerz »

hey guys,

well i got this little gadget you were on about cost me $2, haven't tried it yet but will soon..

i have ngk spark plugs not sure on leads
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

NGK what's ?? BCPR6ES, BCPR7IEX B9EVG's etc ... go check the leads with a meter, you do own one?? - because if you have even ONE bad lead, that could be enough to cause you the problems your experiencing.

Comes back to 99% of the time - CHECK the basics...

Also if your able to get another Nistuned ECU to test the car with, that may be a great idea... Ever though that you've got a faulty ECU???? It does happen, I've seen totally random stuff occour that completely stumps people..

Stu
Nackerz

Post by Nackerz »

NGK BCPRE6ES
And no i don't have a multi meter, i have to invest in one. besides that i have a different question, i need to know what's the wiring for the Q45 pinouts as i just got one and i have had a look here
http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums ... html&st=20
and this one wont seem to load?
http://paulr33.skylinesaustralia.com/di ... iring.html

I have pulled the black cover off and it seems to be that the wires are different colours, like fadded so i don't know what colours they are.
It has the BDE above the plug, this is what i have found from the first link i posted,

B= Orange/White
D= Black/White
E=Black wire

B=Orange/Blue
D=Blue/White
E=Black/White

Mine seems to have only 2 wires that are non solid IE, Have a different coloured stripe.
The BDE on the afm, the B and D are a thinner wire then the one coming from the E

Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

this came from pauls page in the Nistune Software manual. Seems to match your pic i think

Q45 VH45 (90mm)
Wire 1 (White) - Signal
Wire 2 (Black) - Ground
Wire 3 (Red/White & Black) - 12v Power
Nackerz

Post by Nackerz »

Hey all selling all my gear

heres the link

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll ... 0605263208
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

How come you're getting rid of it all now :?:
Nackerz

Post by Nackerz »

Matt wrote:How come you're getting rid of it all now :?:

First off, sick of the po po pulling us over all the time now since they know its turbo.

and not sure if im going to sell, but if i get what i want for it all i will drop in a 5ltr but keeping the nistune incase i ever go back to turbo as im looking for a wagon to turbo later down the track