Nistune for Android 4.0

Discuss possible software enhancements/changes here.

Moderator: Matt

Matt
Site Admin

Re: Nistune for Android 4.0

Post by Matt »

DJ Static - if you could grab one when you are over there next that would be appreciated :)

With Blusult - I'm not sure. Hes using some third party bluetooth board soldered to a FTDI232 on the PC side of things. Havent tested his cable with other bluetooth devices (cant locate my generic USB-bluetooth module)
Interesting that phone can't see it, my Xoom with custom ROM even see 3D TV glasses
My Galaxy S has ICS loaded on it and can also see my Solar Inverter module, and the Playstation 3 (only MAC address, cannot pair) but not this blusult module
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Well, we will need to wait until Stu became active again.
gtsaurus

Post by gtsaurus »

Matt wrote:Okay the blusult is not seen by my Android phone (even though my hands free is fine)

Says you need to get this (and going to use with my PLMS serial cable)
http://gridconnect.com/serial-to-bluetooth.html

So need the male (DTE version) which is self powered. However $71 + $44 shipping to Australia... hmmm. Might be tempted to find a cheaper option unless someone over this way wants to split shipping with me :wink:

Hi I a have Nikoz working using a chinese bluetooth board >TTL[cost $6.90] and TTL to RS232 converter [about$10] connected to plms
Nikoz is pretty basic all sensors display numeric values no guages .
the bluetooth id is Linvor v1.5 and requires 5vdc power that i am getting from a usb cable.
connecting to bluetooth with a zte optus mytab
Matt
Site Admin

Post by Matt »

Link to chinese bluetooth board?
skylinegtrhr

Post by skylinegtrhr »

Anybody tries this?

http://www.trackelectronics.com.au/consultBT

It said that it work even with Torque Pro?
skyline_stu

Post by skyline_stu »

Matt wrote:Just bought it... have to try and get it working with the blusult interface now (if possible)

I can modify the configuration for very high data transfer rates, this may fix the latency problems at 9600baud . I'm looking at doing a firmware rewrite for the Type6 to increase the data transfer speed at we'll see how it goes from there

Stu